BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for years I accepted the slightly sloppy, little jerky clucth shifting as normal on my 14 SRR backed up by dealer saying "No problem found shifts as normal" rev match was harder to find that perfect sweet spot and instant throttle response seems a tad delayed, as well as off the line 1st gear acceleration and clutch upshift just sloppy/ clunky. Well I was completely wrong and a simple 5 second throttle cable adjustment to take out the slack did the trick! Just underneath the handlebar throttle on the cable itself is finger screw adjusters, adjust screw away to tighten slack and back to loosen cable, can check throttle will adjusting and you'll instantly feel the slack tighten. Once the slack is taken out of the cable it will give you instant throttle response with your twist of wrist no matter how slight, gone is that dead spot! Hugh improvement especially coming out of apex, downshifting or even from a standstill, rev match is now effortless and precise. Wow what a difference a small adjustment can make!!! Wonder how many out there with loose throttle cables???

1 - 1 of 1 Posts