BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Has anyone tried the low seat? I can’t find any specs on it… I see posts about the high seat but wouldn’t mind shaving a inch off my M1000 seat height. Thanks in advance !
it looks similar to the hp seat i put on my older s1k. it's racy for sure, but definitely not as comfortable as the stock seat. my guess is this would be similar w/o first hand experience on it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This part is where BMW has dropped the ball. Kawasaki has this customization option for their Vulcan S motorcycles. At the dealership, they have a mock setup of the seating position of the bike. The sales guy can modify the foot peg, seat, and I think handlebar position to where it best suits you. Once that's done, the dealership has all the parts to make the adjustments to your bike before you take delivery. The nice thing about this feature/service is that it is no extra charge over the cost of the bike. I don't see why BMW can't have their dealers stock the various seat options for the K66/K67. So you can try it out without gambling with spending $300 on a seat that may or may not work for you.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This part is where BMW has dropped the ball. Kawasaki has this customization option for their Vulcan S motorcycles. At the dealership, they have a mock setup of the seating position of the bike. The sales guy can modify the foot peg, seat, and I think handlebar position to where it best suits you. Once that's done, the dealership has all the parts to make the adjustments to your bike before you take delivery. The nice thing about this feature/service is that it is no extra charge over the cost of the bike. I don't see why BMW can't have their dealers stock the various seat options for the K66/K67. So you can try it out without gambling with spending $300 on a seat that may or may not work for you.
They want $600!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
I bought the m low seat about a year ago? Maybe a little more. If your not flat foot now then you more then likely won’t be even with the low seat. I was on the balls of my feet with the regular m seat that came with the bike. While it did lower my heels a little bit which helps but still I’m not flat foot. Try calling different dealerships

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
547 Posts
My 21 sk1rr came with the non M seat. I hated it, too soft makes the feeling from the rear tire numb in my opinion. Felt like a couch cushion. I found the standard M seat and I love it. The low seat, I can see the benefits if you have a shorter inseam for sure. Regardless the M seat is the best seat other than race plastics and race seat. Again in my opinion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The dealer should help with that in my opinion! I have the best dealer who swapped the m seat with my regular seat to try it out. It was the m tall seat and I hated it! I’m 6”2 and I felt that tall seat put a lot of pressure on my rest. I didn’t try the low seat yet since they didn’t have one available. I’m in a hunt for a comfy seat that won’t let my butt sore after a long ride!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Low seat here, you'll legit sit at 32 inch. I have a 30 inch inseam, I wear airforce 1's, I can flat foot with a slight lean on one leg. Heels up with both feel down. The seat is narrow which helps a ton and I have a really stocky compact build.
Hey very similar build here, 30 inch inseam also… I am on a M1000 it sits a bit higher unfortunately than the S1000 does but thanks alot for the info.. what’s your height if you don’t mind 5-7”?

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR Clubsport
60 Posts
Stock seat, kind of feel like swapping to the M Low seat too. I feel like it does look narrower too compared to the wider looking stock one.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@LordTapatio I think because of the different linkage they used and suspension through M1000RR sits actually a decent chunk higher than the S1000RR here are the heights to follow.

BMW M1000

822mm - M Sport Seat Low (Accessory)
832mm - Standard Seat
852mm
- M Sport Seat High (Accessory)

BMW S1000RR

824mm - Standard Seat
824mm - Standard M Sport Seat (M Package)
814mm
- M Sport Seat, Low (Accessory)
824mm - M Sport Seat (Accessory)
849mm - M Sport Seat, High (Accessory)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts