BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm chasing an issue with my quickshifter. After plugging in gs911 I started looking at throttle twistgrip position values. They are at 0% with throttle closed but as I start opening the throttle the values go to about 50% and then go negative. Can somebody verify if this is normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
I'm chasing an issue with my quickshifter. After plugging in gs911 I started looking at throttle twistgrip position values. They are at 0% with throttle closed but as I start opening the throttle the values go to about 50% and then go negative. Can somebody verify if this is normal?
Not sure why you're concerned about throttle position, if the initial issue is with the quickshifter?

What year bike, is it an R, XR or RR? What year?
If it's a bike that has Factory cruise control, it could simply be the contact switches, which is a very common aggravation.
Search and you'll see.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Bike is 2012 s1000rr. Quickshifter issue got resolved after resetting adaptations with GS-911 and then going through all the gears on a bike stand.

This is a track bike and I only rode it up and down my street. Once I took it to the track I'm having strange choppy throttle. It happens at certain rpm.

Second issue is when it gets to 8-9k rpm it hesitates but when I get past it it revs ok. When I'm at full throttle bike cuts out. I rode it at 90 percent throttle and it rides fine all the way to 12k rpm.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm suspecting the Tps to be at fault. Can anybody verify specs with Gs911?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the same issue currently, I had the bike lose power on me due to this during a race weekend and then work fine for the rest of the day. Just now I replaced both sensors on the throttle bodies and with the GS911 it will still go to about 50% and then go negative from -50 down to -0 at full throttle....

I have reset the adaptive values a few times.

Bike is a 13' HP4

·
Registered
242 Posts
I recently did the throttle position sensor replacement on my 2013, just tps#1 (I think) which was at the throttle cable housing. Reset with a gs911 and the bike is all good. TPS values were 0.0 at 0% throttle and -0.0 at 100% throttle. Bike is finally running great and had all the symptoms you all had. I'm sure you all have resolved this by now, what did you find out?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
@KTOGUN, how hard is replacing the sensor by itself? I am having the mysterious shut down issue on my bike and yesterday I managed to pull data from the bike using the GS-911 and my Throttle grip Sensor drops down to -20.09%. Are there any special tools required? I have tried to recalibrate the setting using the gs-911 but my issues still persists, so I am pretty certain it is one of the TPS.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Make sure you post the results of switching the TPS. I got a lot of help from BMW388 to fix mine, he really knows the electronics of these bikes inside and out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Will do, I ordered the TPS yesterday and should be installing it this week. Just need to figure out which sensor is for the twist grip. Hopefully my next update is about how I finally got my bike running again!

·
Registered
242 Posts
It's easy to figure out. Its also the easy one to get to. It's on top and towards the front and its where the throttle cables hookup.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
sorry to bring up thread.

I am also having TPS problem. GS-911 code - 20003.Twist grip error.
The TPS reads 4% at idle, and then as soon as I give it throttle to 5% the check engine lights comes on.

Cleaned the TPS sensors and reset it with Gs-911 and rapidbike evo.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can shine some light on this fella.

Thank you,

·
Vendor
3,369 Posts
I have seen the motor inside the throttle bodies go bad and it does not have a specific error code to just it, so the code is Throttle Body 1 error.

If adaptation reset does not solve the issue, you may need to get some salvaged throttle bodies. Be sure they are from the year of the bike you have is best, but, I have tested using 10/11 on 12-14 and they worked on one ECU type and not another. There are 3 ECU's for 10-14.

Reactions: bennymx

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
I wish people would at least give us a clue as to what year their bike is. 10-14 is quite different to 15 - so the answers might be different too. OP had an earlier bike with throttle cables, "Unknowns1krr" really is unknown.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I wish people would at least give us a clue as to what year their bike is. 10-14 is quite different to 15 - so the answers might be different too. OP had an earlier bike with throttle cables, "Unknowns1krr" really is unknown.
apologies.
It’s a 2013

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
So you have throttle cables running a potentiometer that then tells the ECU what the twistgrip is doing. The cables could be messing this up, but more likely the potentiometer that they operate. Somebody took one apart and fixed it, pictures were posted on this forum some time ago. Pretty ambitious if you ask me, but he did get it fixed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts