BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 RR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Danny and I'm a long time lurker of this forum, probably since 2014ish.

I'm currently just picked up my 3rd RR.
1st one was a 2013 that I had for a total of 2 months or so before I had a big accident.
2nd one was a 2016 that I sold a couple weeks ago because it was nearing 50k miles, flawless bike for me at least.
Was taken out by a car on my 2018 R1 about 6 months ago, but I'm back at it again.

Planned on getting another 15/16 but I figured why not get onto the newer chassis?

Just picked up a 2022 yesterday and I'm just trying to get my break-in miles done so I can open her up and throw the Arrow full exhaust and Bren Stage 1 on her.

I'm located in Southern California (San Gabriel Valley); and just hoping that I can maybe give my insight on some things and maybe some knowledge in order to give back because I've learned a hell of a lot from all of you all over this forum over the years. (I don't know much, I just really love to ride)

Attached is a picture of my 16, and one of my 22.

Cheers and be safe!

-Danny

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 S1000rr
117 Posts
Welcome man. Good looking bikes. Closing in on 40k miles on my 16 by next week. You healed up that fast from a car taking you out to hop on another bike?

·
Registered
2022 RR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome man. Good looking bikes. Closing in on 40k miles on my 16 by next week. You healed up that fast from a car taking you out to hop on another bike?
Well, my foot made a real bad impact with a trailer. (First impact basically caused me to be frogged on the freeway, bounced off 3 different vehicles) Doctor treated it like a crush injury with 3 fractures. I was basically immobile for awhile and just hopped on one foot. Accident happened late November but once I was able to walk again I said screw it and got back on my 16 again. My foot still aches, but I think the boots help with some stability in my ankle. Actually hurts less to ride than it does to drive a car for a long period of time, (maybe something to do with blood flow?).

I hope the pain goes away eventually and I’m back to 100% but I don’t want to give my hopes up and I think I’ll always have to ride as part of my sanity.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Danny and welcome back! I’m sorry to hear that and at least it’s your foot not hip or back! A friend of mine had an accident hitting a truck where he fill on his back after flying in the air while wearing backpack and landed on his back! Broken back in two spots, did a surgery and currently recovering. I don’t think he’ll be able to ride a sports bike anymore. Maybe a GS or a cruiser! Who knows! Ride safe and keep your eyes always scanning the roads. Remember, you are riding to enjoy the ride. If you wanna go wild, hit a track. GOD bless you

·
Registered
2022 RR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Danny and welcome back! I’m sorry to hear that and at least it’s your foot not hip or back! A friend of mine had an accident hitting a truck where he fill on his back after flying in the air while wearing backpack and landed on his back! Broken back in two spots, did a surgery and currently recovering. I don’t think he’ll be able to ride a sports bike anymore. Maybe a GS or a cruiser! Who knows! Ride safe and keep your eyes always scanning the roads. Remember, you are riding to enjoy the ride. If you wanna go wild, hit a track. GOD bless you
Thanks for the warm welcome and I hope your friend is able to quickly recover completely!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts