BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all Ontario peeps, let suggest some good riding roads that you have actually ridden. The forks of the credit suck! I need some tail of the dragon type roads!! There must be some!

I hear hwy 28 and 511 up near Ottawa are good. Any opinions?

I was looking at doing this route.

http://goo.gl/maps/cBeHj

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Hey all Ontario peeps, let suggest some good riding roads that you have actually ridden. The forks of the credit suck! I need some tail of the dragon type roads!! There must be some!

Was searching for routes to the Dragon and found this, this is just a couple miles from our cottage, some GREAT roads, that smooth and well maintained granite stuff, like 35, 118 is great too, almost hit a bear on it once tho. I've never taken the bike up there, but always wanted too. (we take 11 to 118 to 35 to Minden, Canarvan is also gorgeous, it all is)

·
Premium Member
283 Posts

I've done that route and while scenic its not going to provide you twisties that are anything like what we find south of the border. Unfortunately Ontario has 11 curves in 318 miles so good luck finding anything remotely worth riding. I have grown increasingly bored with what is crappy roads and even worse road conditions and frequently go south in search of actual twisties.

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, I think I will just move to TN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Ya, I think I will just move to TN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While that would definitely get you closer to great riding roads it would also require you to arm yourself with at least a few guns for your own protection because you can never be too sure who's packing heat down there. I was passing thru Georgia on the way to Florida and some dude at the gas pump beside me had a glock holstered on his hip. Just some random civilian who had a pistol open carry. When you don't know what states do or don't allow concealed/open carry permits you have to wonder if someone gets road rage what are the chances you could get shot by someone you just pissed off for what could have been a simple mistake

·
Registered
136 Posts
River Road in Mulmur, Ontario is a great road, with a few different twists dips, and bends. You can take Highway 10, north of Orangeville, and it'll turn into Prince Of Wales Rd, which ends at River Road, From there, head east, and enjoy. You'll keep going back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts