BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bought back the same model like my first bike after 5 years regretting selling it. It doesn't drive as easy like more modern bikes, but it's just a more involving experience driving it.
View attachment 212907
2014 Ducati Streetfighter 848 with 19900 miles
That is one beauty I need if I can sneak it past my wife into the garage. Here's my stable. Not rich either but my uncle Sam is and he keeps sending me to bad places with the only benefit being disposable mcb1000rr.jpg IMG_0946.JPG IMG_0852 (2).JPG IMG_0180.jpg $$ on the tail end. My wife cannot tell one bike from the other but she can count....

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
That is one beauty I need if I can sneak it past my wife into the garage. Here's my stable. Not rich either but my uncle Sam is and he keeps sending me to bad places with the only benefit being disposable View attachment 213257 View attachment 213258 View attachment 213259 View attachment 213260 $$ on the tail end. My wife cannot tell one bike from the other but she can count....
last statement is hilarious, but bold strategy making all the hd's look as identical as you can to try to make counting them more difficult.

i like the wrapped exhaust too. did that on my old sportster. also had to cut the tips creatively for 'tuning', but more because i'd ground a 1" flat on the bottom barrel dragging it. was always fund to pass a crotch rocket on a curve with it and my feet on the passenger pegs:LOL:

sharp shovel too. don't see many of those on the roads anymore. sold mine in '02 before i started the bike shop.

·
Registered
16 Posts
last statement is hilarious, but bold strategy making all the hd's look as identical as you can to try to make counting them more difficult.

i like the wrapped exhaust too. did that on my old sportster. also had to cut the tips creatively for 'tuning', but more because i'd ground a 1" flat on the bottom barrel dragging it. was always fund to pass a crotch rocket on a curve with it and my feet on the passenger pegs:LOL:

sharp shovel too. don't see many of those on the roads anymore. sold mine in '02 before i started the bike shop.
Yea the shovel is a 72 that I bought about 12 years ago for $1500. It was a clapped out FX converted to an FLH. It had no compression and did not go over 25mph but it did not leak... Fast forward and about twice what I told my wife what I put into it on the rebuild and in my view it's the best shovel bobber out there. The straight pipes have a low tech baffle of butterfly bolts for back pressure and I repurposed the FLH front fender for the rear. I've ditched the velocity stack as I saw too much garbage collecting in the intake. The RK is an RK nuf said but comfy two up. When I bought the S my wife who is actually a Hell of a lot smarter than me said. "Good choice on the Red. We'll be able to find the body..."

"Everything will kill you. So pick something fun..."

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Yea the shovel is a 72 that I bought about 12 years ago for $1500. It was a clapped out FX converted to an FLH. It had no compression and did not go over 25mph but it did not leak... Fast forward and about twice what I told my wife what I put into it on the rebuild and in my view it's the best shovel bobber out there. The straight pipes have a low tech baffle of butterfly bolts for back pressure and I repurposed the FLH front fender for the rear. I've ditched the velocity stack as I saw too much garbage collecting in the intake. The RK is an RK nuf said but comfy two up. When I bought the S my wife who is actually a Hell of a lot smarter than me said. "Good choice on the Red. We'll be able to find the body..."

"Everything will kill you. So pick something fun..."
i like it. had my old shovel, FLH, 9 years. longest relationship of my life until making 10 years with my S1K. didn't leak? lucky you. mine was a '77 and was a true AMF lemon unfortunately. fought with that thing the whole time i had it.

kudos to your wife on the body hunt haha. like my buddy wearing bright green snow suit for when he ends up skis up somewhere on a mountain!

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
Well, it's not in my garage....YET, but as I expected, KTM punched out the 790 motor to make an 850 in the Duke, and I knew they would put it in the Adventure series since it made zero sense to have both a 790 and an 890 parallel twin. So, this bad brahma (890 Adventure R) will be in my garage sometime next year.

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CYCLE_MONKEY

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
Nice collection! (Eh?) Are you going to finish it off with a M1000RR? You KNOW you want to! :)

Reactions: Fbto

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
Nice collection! (Eh?) Are you going to finish it off with a M1000RR? You KNOW you want to! :)
I am first on the list in Canada...but haven’t decided yet

Reactions: verrucktaxe

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
I am first on the list in Canada...but haven’t decided yet

You gotta do it bro. If only so we all ere can drool over the pictures you'll be so kind as to post! :ROFLMAO:

Pardon if I've ever asked and forgot, but where are you in Canada? I used to go up to Mississauga (outside of Toronto) a lot to visit friends up there in the '90's up to '03. I miss it and them. On the Adventure R I'm getting, I'm planning a ride North up the Rockies from NM to Banff and back. From the pics and vids, and what friends have told me, it's awesome up there!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
here's a fast speed video of when i built the gripper chopper for entertainment

Reactions: ZZZ

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
My collection is at ten now. Running out of space. 😁
sick collection broseph. i'm not as into the japanese bikes, but the eurotrash collection is sweet. also have an ape next to the bimmer, but only thing i have you don't is my 3rd bike, a chopper, since i used to build them. my buddy still has an rc51, kinda cool history behind them, but he's toying with selling it since he never rides it after buying the duc multistrada.

with 3 bikes and 3 cars, thanks for making me feel less bad about my own space problems haha!

·
Registered
17 Posts
sick collection broseph. i'm not as into the japanese bikes, but the eurotrash collection is sweet. also have an ape next to the bimmer, but only thing i have you don't is my 3rd bike, a chopper, since i used to build them. my buddy still has an rc51, kinda cool history behind them, but he's toying with selling it since he never rides it after buying the duc multistrada.

with 3 bikes and 3 cars, thanks for making me feel less bad about my own space problems haha!
View attachment 214690
Glad to help. 😁 😁 😁

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
2020 Husqvarna FE 501S I bought in August 2020, bike had about 320 miles on it. Main mods have been removing the reed valve in the intake, adding a free flowing exhaust tip, and modifying the fueling with a PCV. Sold an older dirt bike and traded in my former commuter bike (Yamaha FZ-07) as part of the deal in getting the 501.

Gave up on the idea of buying a new S1000RR given all the recalls / stop sales, also realized that the new bike was going to be worth the $20K + costs for the type of riding I do (mostly track days & limited street riding). My 2010 S1000RR is still running great and all set up for me and my riding style. Will be using the extra money I won't be spending on the bike upgrade to pay for track days and advanced riding instruction/classes in 2021.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
2020 Husqvarna FE 501S I bought in August 2020, bike had about 320 miles on it. Main mods have been removing the reed valve in the intake, adding a free flowing exhaust tip, and modifying the fueling with a PCV. Sold an older dirt bike and traded in my former commuter bike (Yamaha FZ-07) as part of the deal in getting the 501.

Gave up on the idea of buying a new S1000RR given all the recalls / stop sales, also realized that the new bike was going to be worth the $20K + costs for the type of riding I do (mostly track days & limited street riding). My 2010 S1000RR is still running great and all set up for me and my riding style. Will be using the extra money I won't be spending on the bike upgrade to pay for track days and advanced riding instruction/classes in 2021.
Very nice - I'm jealous. I'm in the process of selling my dirt bikes. Would love a 701 supermoto. FWIW my 2020 S1000rr has been perfectly reliable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You have a bad case of MAS. Motorcycle Acquisition Syndrome. Alas, there is no cure. Your only hope is to build a bigger garage. Very nice bikes by the way.
Thank you and that's what my honey says (not sure what she means.... 😁). Told her I might get rid of the kitchen. Lol

·
Registered
373 Posts
Very nice - I'm jealous. I'm in the process of selling my dirt bikes. Would love a 701 supermoto. FWIW my 2020 S1000rr has been perfectly reliable.
Thanks, the 501 has been my dream dirt bike for several years. Good to hear you've had no problems with you 2020 model. In a couple of years from now I may re-think my current decision depending on my job status and available funds and pick up a low mile used new generation S1000RR.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I managed to pick up a couple over the years, the latest being a 2021 KTM 890 Adventure R.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts