BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not feeling safe with my off-the-shelf A* leathers on my thin body and bird legs, I decided to go for custom after I read about good prices from Moto-Gear.us. I was skeptical about $499 for custom leathers, hell I would feel the same for off-the-shelf! However, a reputable reviewer (Superbike Coach) gave me the confidence to take the plunge. I picked a pattern/style and then selected my own colors and logos. Then the wife and I went about taking the 30 (!) measurements. It is critical that you take your time and redo at least 3 times to confirm. After emailing the measurements and custom needs like 1 or 2 piece, vented or not, boots in or out and so on. I was sent mock-ups of my suit. After my tweaks they resent the final design for approval. Amidst this pandemic I received my new suit in about 6 weeks. Pants fitting my legs to perfection but I made a couple of measurement mistakes on the jacket and they forgot to perforate (2 piece). They offered to redo the jacket with new adjustments and perforated for $120 shipped and I keep the unperforated for cooler days. The new jacket now fits as perfect as the pants - a true custom tailored fit!

The quality and workmanship is excellent, can't find a single flaw or reason to be disappointed! Highly recommend you look into this custom option for better than shelf prices. I have no affiliation whatsoever, just impressed enough to want to share with fellow bikers.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hmmm. I find these off-brand custom options so tempting, but I see "Superbike Coach" is actually sponsored by Moto-gear. Has anyone actually heard of Superbike Coach before?

Hope your gear is as good as it seems, but here's a link to a disconcerting article I just found .

·
Registered
971 Posts
I might order a setup from them for fun. My latest on-track crash wore a hole in the arm of my current Alpinestars suit.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe they are made in Pakistan, not certain but think I saw it somewhere. Superbike Coach has been around a long time, long before Moto-Gear became a sponsor.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
295 Posts
Most of the economical custom suits meaning less than 2500$ ish are going to be made in Pakistan. There is no fault to that at all. You look into Bison or Heroic and that's where alot of the gear is made. No worries. I was bit once with some super cheap boots. Lasted one ride. Must have been goat leather or something. I'm glad you got something that works!!! I was having so much drama finding leathers that would fit me too. RST was the Winner with some minor tailoring.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I am going to be a test case and order a custom suit. So far the design of the custom suit for me has been great, and I am very excited to see it once it is done. I will probably create a product review video and post pictures, once it arrives.

Sports uniform Outerwear White Jersey Sports jersey

·
Registered
971 Posts
no relation. My father was Merrill Mael; he was a famous radio personality for years in Seattle, WA and Alaska, but died 21 years ago. I have a brother named Devon Mael, who died in the last year. My sister April Mael married into the name April Heivilin. Other than my mother, Sandy Mael, I do not know of any other Mael family relatives. Maybe there is a half brother named Kevin Mael in Washington, but I am not sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts