BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Going to a Track Day Post it here

10K views 59 replies 13 participants last post by  SRod321 
#1 ·
Okay I saw the California upcoming track day thread - so I figured start one for our part of the country.

Here are a few I'm scheduled for -

Thompson, CT 8/4 & 8/5.

Palmer, MA 8/20.

Palmer, MA 9/3 & 9/4

Tamworth, NH 9/18/ & 9/19

Thompson, CT 9/24/ & 9/25

These are for sure - I will most likely get in a few at NYST as well.

I will make at least one 3 day event @ Jennings most likely in December.

Can't really do much more the weather here starts to get tricky - but I do now have an R3 I'm setting up for the track - waiting on all my suspension parts - it will be for cooler weather and wet days mostly - it is my extra set of wheels and tires for my RR for those conditions.

See less See more
#2 ·
Okay I saw the California upcoming track day thread - so I figured start one for our part of the country.

Here are a few I'm scheduled for -

Thompson, CT 8/4 & 8/5.

Palmer, MA 8/20.

Palmer, MA 9/3 & 9/4

Tamworth, NH 9/18/ & 9/19

Thompson, CT 9/24/ & 9/25

These are for sure - I will most likely get in a few at NYST as well.

I will make at least one 3 day event @ Jennings most likely in December.

Can't really do much more the weather here starts to get tricky - but I do now have an R3 I'm setting up for the track - waiting on all my suspension parts - it will be for cooler weather and wet days mostly - it is my extra set of wheels and tires for my RR for those conditions.

@kruizen was talking about going there too, have you ever been? He doesn't get on here much, but would respond if you pm him direct, if he doesn't join in here.

#6 ·
NYST is "home" but it would be nice to try something new too. I'm scheduled for Pitt on Aug 19-20 but nothing else planned yet. I haven't been to Thompson yet so I'm considering that. Club looks good too.

#14 ·
I will be there the day before as well with TTD. TTD runs the track for Razee on Monday.

Also going to Tamworth, NH the 18th and 19th and back to Palmer,MA on the 28th.

After that I might get one more in at NYST and then it is either done for the year or go down to Florida. I hope to get to Jennings at least once this winter - I like going in early December best chance for good weather.

#15 ·
I'm going to NJMP on Sep 24th, thunderbolt with Absolute Cycle. Taking my gsxr 600 though, not my BMW. I just picked it up the other day. Making it a dedicated track bike. Kinda scared to take my BMW right now because it's only my 2nd track day and I don't wanna risk wrecking it.

#18 · (Edited)
Haven't been to NJMP in 3 or 4 years need to get back there. The problem is so many tracks have opened in my area it makes it really easy to do track days. Heck I'm going to Tamworth, NH the 18th and 19th - Thompson, CT 24th and 25th - Palmer, MA on the 28th and I just might go to NYST the 30th and the 1st.

Then it will be time to work on the bikes for a few months and hope to go to Jennings, FL at least once this winter.

Sorry I'm getting old I already posted all these dates.

#21 ·
Pitt Race 9/16-17

Hoping Irma doesnt screw this up, me and several buddies plan to be there for the new asphalt.

Reactions: SRod321
#28 ·
Well....NJMP was fun, got a good 3 sessions in before this guy crashed into me as I was about to pit on a red flag....track official had just said no inside passing too smdh I was pretty upset but thankfully it was my track bike and not the bmw

#31 ·
I lost my front brakes towards the end of the day on the front straight, crashed and sent the bike up on the barrier :( unfortunately it was the bmw lol. time to fix over winter.:serious:

#36 ·
My track bike is almost back together as well. I'm still recovering from my wreck though. Bi lateral ankle sprains on both ankles, grade 2 on the right. Feeling a lot better, can finally run again but I still have some slight pain, ultimately gonna need surgery to be 100% pain free, but I'm holding off for a bit. Definitely gonna try and hit up NJMP again this season but might have to hold off on a track day until late July, early August.

#47 ·
I did CSS last season. I did level 1. I'm doing level 2 and 3 in august. Also doing a track day at NYST on July 21st with my friend. Its his 1st track day. Kinda excited about this season. I wanna try and fit two more in around September. We'll see how the schedule looks.

#48 · (Edited)
So I think NYST is my new favorite track. As I posted earlier in may, I had a track day scheduled for July 21st with Bad Kitty Trackday Rentals. It was my friend's first time on the track so we opted to rent bikes. I had a lot of fun on this track. I think I like it more than thunderbolt at NJMP. Also feel like I made a ton of progress. The instructor was telling me that he wants me to go over the video footage so that if/when I go back, we can touch what we learned in July briefly and then focus on other things such as trail braking, etc. As of right now, I definitely plan on doing another day with them maybe in September but, I also have level 2 and level 3 with CSS scheduled for this month at NJMP(Thunderbolt) so I guess I'll wait and see how I feel after that before I decide. Might be doing a track day Aug 13th and a few other ones in Sep or Oct. Anyone else doing CSS Aug 20-21??

#52 ·
They're called Bad Kitty Trackday Rentals. The rental bikes are GSXRs. They offered 600s or 750s. I took a 750 since i had two of them before getting my bmw. Before we even get on the track, the main coach, Pete, talked to us about turning points, apex cones and exiting, he covered where to "properly" place your feet on the foot pegs(quotes because everyone has a preference), didn't really cover rolling the throttle on smoothly like CSS did but because i remembered from last season i kept working on it and other things i remembered. And he talked lastly about body position which I personally liked. First session was at a slow pace just to get a layout of the track and flag locations etc. Then each session after that he'd record you following him and we would go over the video and get feedback after. I thought he was a pretty good coach, i feel i made some decent improvements. I won't say if it's better or worse than CSS, it's definitely different. Not as "structured" or in depth i guess but you're not just gutting "thrown out there" either. He watches you and he lets you know if you need to slow down and get more coaching but he also points out what you're doing right. I guess that is one thing i like about CSS, the in-depth classroom time, but then again you're in a larger group with them too. It was just three of us total this day. Obviously some people pick things up quicker than others, and that was the case with one guy in our trio. He was lagging behind after the second session so he got to work one on one with the other coach Mike. Pete did tell me a few times that i had to try to stay closer to him, i guess i was so focused on working on throttle control through corners that I'd go a little slower than i could but it all came together in the last two sessions. We were supposed to do 7 total sessions but he gave us an 8th lol. Guess he was having as much fun as we were lol.

Reactions: techno_violet
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.