BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm doing NJMP may 27 and 28. First time there. I haven't booked anything past July yet. My days so far are:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not exactly a track day, but CSS again at NJMP on Monday. Last time I improved by 6 secs. Would be nice if I can do that again!
awesome, what times are you running now?

I'm doing NJMP may 27 and 28. First time there. I haven't booked anything past July yet. My days so far are:

I will try to catch you at pittrace mid july!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Super slow when you consider how fast the pros go there, but felt fast to me (which actually may be part of my problem). Fastest was a 1:53 and change.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I did CSS last season. I did level 1. I'm doing level 2 and 3 in august. Also doing a track day at NYST on July 21st with my friend. Its his 1st track day. Kinda excited about this season. I wanna try and fit two more in around September. We'll see how the schedule looks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
So I think NYST is my new favorite track. As I posted earlier in may, I had a track day scheduled for July 21st with Bad Kitty Trackday Rentals. It was my friend's first time on the track so we opted to rent bikes. I had a lot of fun on this track. I think I like it more than thunderbolt at NJMP. Also feel like I made a ton of progress. The instructor was telling me that he wants me to go over the video footage so that if/when I go back, we can touch what we learned in July briefly and then focus on other things such as trail braking, etc. As of right now, I definitely plan on doing another day with them maybe in September but, I also have level 2 and level 3 with CSS scheduled for this month at NJMP(Thunderbolt) so I guess I'll wait and see how I feel after that before I decide. Might be doing a track day Aug 13th and a few other ones in Sep or Oct. Anyone else doing CSS Aug 20-21??

·
Registered
257 Posts
So I think NYST is my new favorite track. As I posted earlier in may, I had a track day scheduled for July 21st with Bad Kitty Trackday Rentals. It was my friend's first time on the track so we opted to rent bikes. I had a lot of fun on this track. I think I like it more than thunderbolt at NJMP. Also feel like I made a ton of progress. The instructor was telling me that he wants me to go over the video footage so that if/when I go back, we can touch what we learned in July briefly and then focus on other things such as trail braking, etc. As of right now, I definitely plan on doing another day with them maybe in September but, I also have level 2 and level 3 with CSS scheduled for this month at NJMP(Thunderbolt) so I guess I'll wait and see how I feel after that before I decide. Might be doing a track day Aug 13th and a few other ones in Sep or Oct. Anyone else doing CSS Aug 20-21??
Glad to hear you had a good experience there. From whom did you rent bikes? What were they and what was their degree of preparation? Curious because that's one of the things I like most about CSS. In my experieces there, their prep is top-notch.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'll be at Summit Point Monday, PuttRace Aug 18 and 19, and NJMP TBolt Aug 25 and 26. NYST for the Sep 1 2 3.

·
Registered
151 Posts
They're called Bad Kitty Trackday Rentals. The rental bikes are GSXRs. They offered 600s or 750s. I took a 750 since i had two of them before getting my bmw. Before we even get on the track, the main coach, Pete, talked to us about turning points, apex cones and exiting, he covered where to "properly" place your feet on the foot pegs(quotes because everyone has a preference), didn't really cover rolling the throttle on smoothly like CSS did but because i remembered from last season i kept working on it and other things i remembered. And he talked lastly about body position which I personally liked. First session was at a slow pace just to get a layout of the track and flag locations etc. Then each session after that he'd record you following him and we would go over the video and get feedback after. I thought he was a pretty good coach, i feel i made some decent improvements. I won't say if it's better or worse than CSS, it's definitely different. Not as "structured" or in depth i guess but you're not just gutting "thrown out there" either. He watches you and he lets you know if you need to slow down and get more coaching but he also points out what you're doing right. I guess that is one thing i like about CSS, the in-depth classroom time, but then again you're in a larger group with them too. It was just three of us total this day. Obviously some people pick things up quicker than others, and that was the case with one guy in our trio. He was lagging behind after the second session so he got to work one on one with the other coach Mike. Pete did tell me a few times that i had to try to stay closer to him, i guess i was so focused on working on throttle control through corners that I'd go a little slower than i could but it all came together in the last two sessions. We were supposed to do 7 total sessions but he gave us an 8th lol. Guess he was having as much fun as we were lol.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Going to NYST August 18th and 19th. Different groups each day, my friend is coaching Saturday so getting in some Free-endly coaching and then running Tony's Sunday. If i'm not shot, may shoot for Monday since the track is 3 hours away and it would be $100 extra.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Going to NYST August 18th and 19th. Different groups each day, my friend is coaching Saturday so getting in some Free-endly coaching and then running Tony's Sunday. If i'm not shot, may shoot for Monday since the track is 3 hours away and it would be $100 extra.
Cancel NYST and do Pittrace lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
I saw a few s1000RRs at NYST sep 16th. Anyone from here?
Took my S1kRR on the track for the first time. Hoping to go back in October but I think it's gonna cool off too much.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ugh I wish I could, I'm stuck working the US Open until Sep 9th smh, I'm trying to hit up NYST or NJMP in September, either the 14/15 or 28/29. Also looking into some October dates.....I gotta get back on the track smh lol

41 - 60 of 60 Posts