BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I saw the California upcoming track day thread - so I figured start one for our part of the country.

Here are a few I'm scheduled for -

Thompson, CT 8/4 & 8/5.

Palmer, MA 8/20.

Palmer, MA 9/3 & 9/4

Tamworth, NH 9/18/ & 9/19

Thompson, CT 9/24/ & 9/25

These are for sure - I will most likely get in a few at NYST as well.

I will make at least one 3 day event @ Jennings most likely in December.

Can't really do much more the weather here starts to get tricky - but I do now have an R3 I'm setting up for the track - waiting on all my suspension parts - it will be for cooler weather and wet days mostly - it is my extra set of wheels and tires for my RR for those conditions.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Okay I saw the California upcoming track day thread - so I figured start one for our part of the country.

Here are a few I'm scheduled for -

Thompson, CT 8/4 & 8/5.

Palmer, MA 8/20.

Palmer, MA 9/3 & 9/4

Tamworth, NH 9/18/ & 9/19

Thompson, CT 9/24/ & 9/25

These are for sure - I will most likely get in a few at NYST as well.

I will make at least one 3 day event @ Jennings most likely in December.

Can't really do much more the weather here starts to get tricky - but I do now have an R3 I'm setting up for the track - waiting on all my suspension parts - it will be for cooler weather and wet days mostly - it is my extra set of wheels and tires for my RR for those conditions.

@kruizen was talking about going there too, have you ever been? He doesn't get on here much, but would respond if you pm him direct, if he doesn't join in here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
NYST is "home" but it would be nice to try something new too. I'm scheduled for Pitt on Aug 19-20 but nothing else planned yet. I haven't been to Thompson yet so I'm considering that. Club looks good too.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bruce-looks like you're doing Tony's track dayz on the 4th and 5th? I am debating going on Friday as I already have a half day, need to get a new rear tire put on first. You running blue or black group?
I run in black group.

What tires to you run? I use Pirelli superbike slicks 200/60/17. I have a take off that has a few days left in it - I was going to put in on for Thompson - but I would sell it for $100.00 and put a new one on.

I also have a Supercorsa 200/55/17 rear either an SC1 or SC2 I think you could for sure get a day out of it - it is yours if you want it.

Get there early take your wheel off Mike will more than likely get it done before the first session goes out.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I run in black group.

What tires to you run? I use Pirelli superbike slicks 200/60/17. I have a take off that has a few days left in it - I was going to put in on for Thompson - but I would sell it for $100.00 and put a new one on.

I also have a Supercorsa 200/55/17 rear either an SC1 or SC2 I think you could for sure get a day out of it - it is yours if you want it.

Get there early take your wheel off Mike will more than likely get it done before the first session goes out.
I'm a street guy doing the occasional track day, I know not your case with your bike haha. I have cast iron wheels so I use the factory Bridgestone S20/s21 190 rear. Putting on a new one Monday though, i'll be in Yellow group but will come say hello at some point and probably ask you some questions depending on how the day goes.

Just registered for Friday, see you then!

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm a street guy doing the occasional track day, I know not your case with your bike haha. I have cast iron wheels so I use the factory Bridgestone S20/s21 190 rear. Putting on a new one Monday though, i'll be in Yellow group but will come say hello at some point and probably ask you some questions depending on how the day goes.

Just registered for Friday, see you then!
Make sure you come see me. I usually pit very close to pit out front side of garages. I will have my RR and R3. Just look for the old guy.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
End of year track day for Thompson Motorsports park $235.00. Should be attending on Monday 9/25.

Events List Razee Motorcycle Center North Kingstown, RI (401) 295-8837
I will be there the day before as well with TTD. TTD runs the track for Razee on Monday.

Also going to Tamworth, NH the 18th and 19th and back to Palmer,MA on the 28th.

After that I might get one more in at NYST and then it is either done for the year or go down to Florida. I hope to get to Jennings at least once this winter - I like going in early December best chance for good weather.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm going to NJMP on Sep 24th, thunderbolt with Absolute Cycle. Taking my gsxr 600 though, not my BMW. I just picked it up the other day. Making it a dedicated track bike. Kinda scared to take my BMW right now because it's only my 2nd track day and I don't wanna risk wrecking it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm going to NJMP on Sep 24th, thunderbolt with Absolute Cycle. Taking my gsxr 600 though, not my BMW. I just picked it up the other day. Making it a dedicated track bike. Kinda scared to take my BMW right now because it's only my 2nd track day and I don't wanna risk wrecking it.
I'll be there too with absolute, but I will have my BMW there.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts

I will be there with my bmw as long as it is back together in one piece. I recommend signing up early as it is almost booked up, if you haven't already. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Haven't been to NJMP in 3 or 4 years need to get back there. The problem is so many tracks have opened in my area it makes it really easy to do track days. Heck I'm going to Tamworth, NH the 18th and 19th - Thompson, CT 24th and 25th - Palmer, MA on the 28th and I just might go to NYST the 30th and the 1st.

Then it will be time to work on the bikes for a few months and hope to go to Jennings, FL at least once this winter.

Sorry I'm getting old I already posted all these dates.

·
Registered
176 Posts

I will be there with my bmw as long as it is back together in one piece. I recommend signing up early as it is almost booked up, if you haven't already.
Already locked in, can't wait. I'm hyped lol

·
Registered
920 Posts
For $155.00 i would do so many of these if it wasn't slightly over 3 hours away! FML.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts