BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally, I waited almost 3 months since Jan after canceling my initial order last summer Aug 2020 to fund other projects. This tail light is far superior than NRC's $220 trash heap. Billet aluminum is very light and the way the plate is held on is simple. The price seems steep, but you definitely get what you pay for. No PITA plastic spacers, uses OEM connections, and the bracket screws do not block the OBD connections with the USB retrofit, as mentioned in my other thread.

I've also seen others say that the NRC is not that great when seen from behind and I agree...my friends mentioned it to me that the light is not that visible when I'm hitting the brakes / signals. Futurismoto's is noticeably brighter, no errors, fitment is great...does not look like something's glued on the bottom of the tail. I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
229 Posts
Looks awesome. Think I'm. Gonna have to go this route. I rode at night for the first time, ive owned this thing since October and I've not been out after dark..weird... anyhow the person behind me told me it was very difficult to see my brake light.. looks like my NRG is going to be replaced. Thanks for the post looks great man.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still waiting on mine.
riding a little dirty rn
I got an email from them saying they're going to ship out end of March. I guess further delayed them until last week when it finally did. Did you receive an updates from them? when did you order?

Looks awesome. Think I'm. Gonna have to go this route. I rode at night for the first time, ive owned this thing since October and I've not been out after dark..weird... anyhow the person behind me told me it was very difficult to see my brake light.. looks like my NRG is going to be replaced. Thanks for the post looks great man.
Yeah I think it's worth it. The only reason I went with NRC is because they were the only ones that had a solution even a year into production. Bit the bullet and decided to go with it even though it was not worth the price.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
229 Posts
I really want the front turn signals. Now that I've taken the mirrors off the oem clipons taken them off too. I do t have mirrors or front turn signals. Need to remedy this asap. Might put the mirrors on for the time being.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is what I have, was getting fault codes and contacted them, they said some of the earlier ones are seeing some board issues.
Customer service is great, they are sending me a replacement beginning of May.
The construction and fit is outstanding

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally, I waited almost 3 months since Jan after canceling my initial order last summer Aug 2020 to fund other projects. This tail light is far superior than NRC's $220 trash heap. Billet aluminum is very light and the way the plate is held on is simple. The price seems steep, but you definitely get what you pay for. No PITA plastic spacers, uses OEM connections, and the bracket screws do not block the OBD connections with the USB retrofit, as mentioned in my other thread.

I've also seen others say that the NRC is not that great when seen from behind and I agree...my friends mentioned it to me that the light is not that visible when I'm hitting the brakes / signals. Futurismoto's is noticeably brighter, no errors, fitment is great...does not look like something's glued on the bottom of the tail. I highly recommend it!
Have you seen TST's fender elim yet ? Imo the best one on the market

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you seen TST's fender elim yet ? Imo the best one on the market
It's a new approach and I like where the signals go. Reminds me of my old 2013 when I replaced the two black vents near the seat with motodynamic flush / in-vent turn indicators. That way, I could pair it up with Yoshimura's FE for a real clean look and rear plate illumination.

I think for the price of Futurismoto, it's going to be about the same when you piece it together with TST's setup: the cover plate, license plate bracket, and signals...sounds like $300 or so already if you add the lighted license plate option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a new approach and I like where the signals go. Reminds me of my old 2013 when I replaced the two black vents near the seat with motodynamic flush / in-vent turn indicators. That way, I could pair it up with Yoshimura's FE for a real clean look and rear plate illumination.

I think for the price of Futurismoto, it's going to be about the same when you piece it together with TST's setup: the cover plate, license plate bracket, and signals...sounds like $300 or so already if you add the lighted license plate option.
Can't go wrong with either one

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is what I have, was getting fault codes and contacted them, they said some of the earlier ones are seeing some board issues.
Customer service is great, they are sending me a replacement beginning of May.
The construction and fit is outstanding
Just received the updated circuit board, with instructions on how to swap it out. Definitely agree that their customer support is amazing. Love this tail tidy. I'm able to have it tucked underneath so it's really clean looking from the side.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just received the updated circuit board, with instructions on how to swap it out. Definitely agree that their customer support is amazing. Love this tail tidy. I'm able to have it tucked underneath so it's really clean looking from the side.
That is great news! I hope mine is on the way as well, I can't stand looking at this OEM one after having such beautiful lines with Futurismoto.
Even though BMW's OEM is probably the best on the market. I do like how easy it is to take on and off, BUT I wish the wire harness' was similar to the OB2 and accessible without taking the side panels off.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow that's two weeks at least ahead of schedule. Tina said they're shipping out replacements around 1st week of May! But glad you got that sorted out...that's one reason why I went with them it's because of customer service

That is great news! I hope mine is on the way as well, I can't stand looking at this OEM one after having such beautiful lines with Futurismoto.
Even though BMW's OEM is probably the best on the market. I do like how easy it is to take on and off, BUT I wish the wire harness' was similar to the OB2 and accessible without taking the side panels off.
Haha, but the side panels aren't that hard to take apart once you do it the first time. Just remember there's a tang at the rear tip!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Must be defective or something, my NRC is Bright and super bright with brake light on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts