BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
4,587 Posts
This thread would be useless if no one at BMW read it. Hopefully forum admins will do something about that.

As far as my list:

Titanium headers and axles from factory.
Hydraulic clutch.
Fix veering problem.
Reduce heat or redirect it away from feet.
Better and colored dashboard, easier user interface to change settings
Put front signals in mirrors
Use longer windscreen from factory.
Reduce weight.
A seat that prevents sliding all over
Ohlins suspension
2nd front sensor
A more ergonomic tank for a better grip (deeper edges)
A better smoother QS
More reliable transmission/clutch parts. Selector rod failed at 30miles.
Reversed rear brake caliper to make mounting wheel easier.

Don't require servomotor to be mounted and have to buy a servobuddy to get rid of error code.

Add a diagnostic menu to dashboard, show error codes and various components info. Or expose it via a standard port like USB.

Offer 3d printer schematics of body work so people can print/create their own.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think we all forgot to mention what's one of the worst issues with this bike---->>> siting on the bike is like sitting on a stove .... Its freaking hot, hot, and we all know that.

:nerd:

·
Registered
424 Posts
^^^ Agreed. The exhaust header on the Panigale circles around below the seat.

Many have tried ceramic coating and thermal insulation wrap, however there is no escaping it.

I would be content with a better looking swingarm and lighter stock components.

Attachments

·
Registered
823 Posts
I just don't get the heat complaints. My 12 wasn't overly hot and neither is my 15. What are people comparing this bike to?

·
4,587 Posts
I just don't get the heat complaints. My 12 wasn't overly hot and neither is my 15. What are people comparing this bike to?
I remember at least 3 times I had to pull over, check my feet if they were literally on fire or not. Sure engine gets hot but location of cats and direction of heat can be changed. Using titanium headers will allow bike to lose heat faster.

Heat issue bothers me the most even in nice Calif weather.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ditto. The only time I notice it is on the rare occasion I have to drive through town during rush hour and I'm stuck at a stoplight on an 80+ degree day.

·
Vendor
1,206 Posts
Weight-loss!!
A "track model" with solo rear seat & lightweight subframe.
Keyless start
Turn signals in the mirrors
M50 or M4 Calipers
New wheel design w/traditional front rotors
Exotic motor internals for more RPM's

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have no problem with the heat from my 15.

Lighter bike and some titanium parts stock.

For the price point of this bike the fact we have no led headlights is painful.

I know we're chasing light weight but not at the expense of super thin plastic fairings that need surgeon level care to remove.

And the cherry on top................ 200hp at the wheel.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
30 lbs lighter and a 2nd gen quickshift/downshift blipper and the bike would be gold. Seriously, I wouldn't trust the downshift blipper on the track if my life depended on it and it does. On the street downshifting works 50% at best. Can't try it on the track till next year. @the_gooch replaced his. Just sayin'...

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
I think under aggressive down shifting on the track it doesn't cope well. When you need to down shift very quickly through a lot of gears. The engine and gearbox is under a lot of stress with high engine RPM and using the clutch is just as quick and safer. You know its going in to gear and not sending you into the gravel.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Definitely better lighting.

Raised handlebar factory option for S1000RR street bikes.
Agree. OEM bars great for track and constant, super-aggressive riding in the twisties...but let's face it...a 300-400 mile canyon/mountain ride is not what this bike's ergonomics are designed for.

Heli bars are the alternative for those of us with compromised backs, for super long rides.

Lighting I could care less about...at a certain age, night driving, to say nothing of night riding, is an exercise is astigmatic star-burst perception...not a lot of fun. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I dont understand all this complaining about the quickshift. I have 10,000 miles and not one single time has i miss shifted up or down.

I believe a lot of people have missed that the shifting rod has a spring, so when you feel the lever move, its the spring and not the shaft on the gearbox. You have to hold the lever until gear is fully engaged. Press the shifter with your hand and you'll see

I give this bike a 10/10 as far as shifting

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Agree. OEM bars great for track and constant, super-aggressive riding in the twisties...but let's face it...a 300-400 mile canyon/mountain ride is not what this bike's ergonomics are designed for.
This depends on how you ride, how the bike is set up, your dimensions, etc.

Stock, the S1000RR is silly comfortable for me with 400+ miles being my standard day's ride.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
This depends on how you ride, how the bike is set up, your dimensions, etc.

Stock, the S1000RR is silly comfortable for me with 400+ miles being my standard day's ride.
How do you ride...how is your bike set up...what are your dimensions, etc.?

I ride: fairly aggressively in canyons and mountains. My bike is set up: stock, except for tall tinted screen, Heli Bars, Akrapovic slip-on...suspension is full stock. I am: 68 years old, fit from years of running, rock climbing and bicycling and hiking/backpacking, 5' 10" tall...and 140 pounds.

My RR with stock bars was very comfortable for me, but after the first 5000 miles, with many days of 200-300 miles riding aggressively and not-so-aggressively, in canyons and long mountain roads, an inherent weakness in my lower back announced its presence, resulting in nerve tingling and numbness in my right leg and foot. At that point, practicality overcame vanity, and off came the OEM bars, and on went the Heli Bars (which, incidentally, I'd used happily on my '13 RR, but not on my '14 HP4).

I prefer the stock bars, but at 68+ years of age (and with a lifetime of sports and fitness doing minor damaging things to my body), I recognize that if I want to ride until I'm 100 :))), I have to keep my body happy. :grin2:

41 - 60 of 64 Posts