BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across this earlier. long video but some crazy cool tech stuff. full bike assembled in 2 hours on automated moving platforms, piston/cylinder tolerances of 1/10 width of a human hair, etc.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not available? shows fine here?
this is the link in case it helps? s1k building

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Ran across this earlier. long video but some crazy cool tech stuff. full bike assembled in 2 hours on automated moving platforms, piston/cylinder tolerances of 1/10 width of a human hair, etc.
LOVE watching those "How It's Made" type videos! Especially with something as cool as, well, the awesome S1000RR!

It was funny, probably 10 years ago, I was watching one of the How It's Made episodes on TV with a roommate and I was like, "Holy Sh!te", that's the radar gun housing plastics I designed! Look Ma, I'm famous! I designed the plastic housings for Decatur Radar's radar gun back in...'03? They wanted to re-design it to make it sexier and more ergonomic. I gave it a handle like a revolver because unlike an auto, the grip can be 100% designed for ergo without having to pass a single or double-stack mag thru it, and the officers seemed to really like it. Definitely WAY sexier than the old ones! I actually have a couple sets of the plastics for my collection of work things I've designed. It was a fun project, and awesome to see it on TV, but I hope to never be on the receiving end of one!

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOVE watching those "How It's Made" type videos! Especially with something as cool as, well, the awesome S1000RR!

It was funny, probably 10 years ago, I was watching one of the How It's Made episodes on TV with a roommate and I was like, "Holy Sh!te", that's the radar gun housing plastics I designed! Look Ma, I'm famous! I designed the plastic housings for Decatur Radar's radar gun back in...'03? They wanted to re-design it to make it sexier and more ergonomic. I gave it a handle like a revolver because unlike an auto, the grip can be 100% designed for ergo without having to pass a single or double-stack mag thru it, and the officers seemed to really like it. Definitely WAY sexier than the old ones! I actually have a couple sets of the plastics for my collection of work things I've designed. It was a fun project, and awesome to see it on TV, but I hope to never be on the receiving end of one!
you design radar guns? i'm not sure we can be friends anymore.;)

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Reactions: verrucktaxe
1 - 9 of 9 Posts