BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know taylormade gets a lot of hate here understandably so. I like the look too much so I'm looking for a system that is also hidden with an exit opening almost looking OEM, similar to taylormade.

I will not get a Taylormade exhaust, but just want to know if there are other systems that look just like it.

Also, if there's no other system similar in looks to the taylormade, what system would you recommend? Looking for something that doesnt stick out too far and more importantly has a nice sound, gives power and runs cooler than the restrictive stock setup.

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
101 Posts
dont let people con you into thinking taylormade isnt a great system, i had one on a '13 RR, loved it. Rider skill>everything. im in the process of doing an underbelly exit can with a full length carbon belly(dont have the carbon yet). most people use bestem carbon, and you can pretty much mount any can in an underbelly position if you find the right mid pipe(the y pipe that connects the headers to the can), and play around with mounting the can. also check out AR's gp3 line (underbelly line) 2010 - 2014 S1000RR & HP4 - Austin Racing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi DR-RR

I saw your 09-3-18 post re Tylormade exhaust system. I have a full sytem on my '13 RR and also love it.

Did you have to install a new fuel map. I didn't and it runs fine but I get a "backfire" very rarely when I close the throttle at high revs. Is this normal with aftermarket exhaust? Have you experienced any this like this?

Many thanks,

chrs

dont let people con you into thinking taylormade isnt a great system, i had one on a '13 RR, loved it. Rider skill>everything. im in the process of doing an underbelly exit can with a full length carbon belly(dont have the carbon yet). most people use bestem carbon, and you can pretty much mount any can in an underbelly position if you find the right mid pipe(the y pipe that connects the headers to the can), and play around with mounting the can. also check out AR's gp3 line (underbelly line) 2010 - 2014 S1000RR & HP4 - Austin Racing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts