BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Brembo M4 brake calipers are better than the stock calipers, and are much more expensive. They have 34mm pistons and have a lot of stopping power. The fittings are not the same as the factory brake lines, so in order to run these I had made custom Spiegler lines created, as I did.

Given the size and power of the calipers, I elected to use Performance Friction carbon race pads. I have used harsher pads in the past that have offered less feel and tend to damage/warp rotors. Once you go to a more powerful caliper, the carbon pads can be very nice to use even though they might be overall a softer feel than the sintered pads.

The Brembo M4 calipers are $800 new, brake lines were about $240, Performance Friction ceramic pads were $100 new.

MY PRICES:
M4 calipers - $399 shipped by USPS Priority
Pro-Bolt Titanium caliper bolts pre-drilled for safety wire. I plan on keeping these but if you want these I will sell them for $50
Spiegler blue custom brake lines with gold fittings and distribution block under the head of the frame, made for Brembo master cylinder and Brembo M4s - $100

·
Registered
17 Posts
how much for the M4's by themselves? I assume they're 100mm spacing, so they work on all years s1000rr...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the M4s are 100mm spacing and therefore will work on any S1000rr years.
I have an inquiry from last night, from a local buyer on the Brembo master cylinder. So selling the calipers separately should be fine. I think they should probably sell with the custom Spiegler brake lines back to the ABS pump unless the buyer wants to use them without ABS...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brembo master cylinder, lever and resevoir are sold.
everything else is still available

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Do you still have the M4's?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I still have the M4s, but I mounted them on my 2014 S1000rr so likely will keep them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts