BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m on the fence between both I’m not sure which one to get for my 2015 BMW premium model...I know every one will say Akra but I was reading a lil and saw that arrow evo makes good gains too just like the Akra but does Akra make that much more power? I like how arrow is smaller but needing some advice idc bout noise bc I love in a state that doesn’t give a fk bout that I just want a grunt sound and good gains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I’m on the fence between both I’m not sure which one to get for my 2015 BMW premium model...I know every one will say Akra but I was reading a lil and saw that arrow evo makes good gains too just like the Akra but does Akra make that much more power? I like how arrow is smaller but needing some advice idc bout noise bc I love in a state that doesn’t give a fk bout that I just want a grunt sound and good gains

Full Akra hands-down for quality and performance. I wouldn’t put any other aftermarket exhaust on this machine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Full Akra hands-down for quality and performance. I wouldn’t put any other aftermarket exhaust on this machine.

Gotcha so I’m curious now to know what the power difference is between the shorty and the long style Akra is it a big difference? I don’t want a long can :( I like how the shorty is but not sure the gains

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Gotcha so I’m curious now to know what the power difference is between the shorty and the long style Akra is it a big difference? I don’t want a long can :( I like how the shorty is but not sure the gains

I have the long can (Akra Racing) and don't mind it. I have regretted not buying the Akra Evo (full titanium model which was about 500 more at the time). The shorty can is lighter and saves more weight but has a different sound. You may want to hear both of them in-person, if possible before deciding the sound you like better. IIRC, the power difference isn't significant.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the long can (Akra Racing) and don't mind it. I have regretted not buying the Akra Evo (full titanium model which was about 500 more at the time). The shorty can is lighter and saves more weight but has a different sound. You may want to hear both of them in-person, if possible before deciding the sound you like better. IIRC, the power difference isn't significant.

I heard the long can my friend has a 14 with the long one and doesn’t sound bad but no one around here has a shorty and not to many BMW around here

·
Administrator
6,689 Posts
You will lose midrange with a shorty pipe compared to the long version. For the street it probably doesn't matter, and if you want noise then the shorty is the way to go!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do you guys think there is an audible difference between ti and stainless?
I suspect there is a very slight difference in sound, one that you will never hear unless you put the two side by side and objectively listen for it, because it is so indistinguishable. I went with stainless headers because they won't crack from heat cycling and provide identical power. The weight savings is negligible for almost everyone outside of very high level racers.

Point being, I have a track bike, when I drop it, I want repairs to be the cheapest possible while maximizing power.

·
Registered
241 Posts
From what Bren tuning has said about the 2 exhaust is, Its not enough to loose sleep over. The Akra long will net you a few more HP on the top end.
The Arrow evo shorty is a top quality made exhaust, dont let anyone tell you different!
The difference is huge in price though!
The Arrow Evo shorty can be had in stainless for $1075. TI is $1490
The Akra Full race exhaust in stainless is $1439. TI is $1990

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what Bren tuning has said about the 2 exhaust is, Its not enough to loose sleep over. The Akra long will net you a few more HP on the top end.
The Arrow evo shorty is a top quality made exhaust, dont let anyone tell you different!
The difference is huge in price though!
The Arrow Evo shorty can be had in stainless for $1075. TI is $1490
The Akra Full race exhaust in stainless is $1439. TI is $1990

Ty Thats what I was looking for lol....what do you think of this Akra ti headers with SC project S1 bc I loveeee that tip but not sure

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ty Thats what I was looking for lol....what do you think of this Akra ti headers with SC project S1 bc I loveeee that tip but not sure

If you have deep pockets sure at $2800! But I dont like it, looks or sound and would never consider Spending that much on an exhaust for a motorcycle!
They are all way overpriced for what it is . $1075 is enough to me, lol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had teh dealer install the full system long akra on my 2018, I get a gurgle and popping sound on decel or roll-off/ downshift, every time. Does anyone else have this issue, dealer said it was normal to give it some time to break in.

Any experience with this issue?

·
4,665 Posts
You need to have ECU flashed, or run Rapidbike to help with adjusting fueling and accommodate for full system. A little bit of popping is ok.

BMW has HP unlock code, depending on which one you get it could be the way to go. Ask your dealership about warranty. HP race code requires customer to sign paper agreeing to voiding the warranty.

·
Vendor
1,079 Posts
Full Akra is always what we recommend if you are looking for max performance.

Chris

Reactions: SRod321

·
Registered
241 Posts
Full Akra is always what we recommend if you are looking for max performance.

Chris
What is the difference between the Arrow Evo shorty and the Akra Race long? Do you have dynos of both(you must)? I want to see difference in midrange power as i know the long Akra gives a few more HP on top, could care less about a few HP on top.
I really dont like the look of the long pipe and its just more weight.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I went full Akra last season and I absolutely love it. Didn't get the Ti, I went with the carbon fiber long can. Love the way it sounds.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts