BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 S1000XR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The alloy plate under the rear on the gas tank with the 2 rubber bushings to hold the seat is referred to in the parts manual as the adjustable plate. Does this raise and lower the front of the seat?
I took it out turned it over but could not see any difference. Do I need to turn it around instead of over?
Does anyone know what it does?

You can purchase offset bushings on ebay that is supposed to raise and lower the front of the seat as you rotate them.

·
Administrator
7,107 Posts
Hey Bert, is that the New XR? The big one or the little one? I have a 2016 but I've not tried to mess with the seat, just threw away the stocker after about 15k and installed the HP high seat. Been great ever since. So sorry, I'm no help at all.

·
Administrator
7,790 Posts
I know on the GS you can flip it and it will lower or heighten the seat. Might be the same with the XR. Not sure. Manual does not list how to adjust. I can't remember as I've never tried on the XR. If it is. You would just flip it around probably.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I just looked at my 2021 XR; I don't see a way to adjust the front of the seat other than the offset bushing option. Please post a pic of the parts manual page and the actual part so we can see what you're referring to.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
That's not a 2020-21 XR; my 2021 XR has the round rubber "bump stop" pieces mounted on the seat pan, not the bike. That said, given the " ADJUSTMENT PLATE, SADDLE" description, I'd try flipping it to see if it made a difference. Makes me wonder if I could shim up the bump stop receiving piece on my XR. I've got off-set bump stops on order; I'll try those first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts