BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2012 with around 16k km on the clock, mostly on the track. I've always had brake issues, nothing serious but sometimes the lever is rattling, and also the brake pads consumption is mental. I've tried several brands and the worst case they lasted a day and a half on the track. This one I think it was my fault as I tightened too much the front axle, but they usually do not last long.
The point is that after 7 years it is time to upgrade a little bit: I have an Accossatto Master Cylinder which works great, and I want to get new rotors. First because I believe the original ones will be damaged (sometimes I worn the pad completely and ended up having some metal to metal contact, not on purpose of course), and secondly because I could get something better. Last, I've read the OEM ones are not really great.
These are some options I have; sorry it's in french as I live in France, but perhaps you know them:

Braking

PAM Racing

I believe the more bolts/fixations the better for heat dissipation, and better if they are floating ones. Any experience with these options? What about the thickness?

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little update on this one; I bought the braking sk2 wave thinking they are full floating, but I got these ones instead:

I thought it was a mistake, but looking at braking.com it looks like effectively for some bikes they have the hub, but for the S1000 it is like that.
I can still return them, but I'm thinking whether I'll really notice if I put full floating (that could be $200 or 300 more).
In fact, these ones also from braking look good (and weird):

Any ideas? shall I keep the sk2? shall I go for something better? as I said in the OP, it is mainly for trackdays, and knowing that OEM's are crap. Next upgrade would be calipers, perhaps it is not worth to spend so much time & money in the rotors...

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts