BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey lads and gents. I’m from central Mississippi. I’ve lurked these forums for the last couple of years that I’ve owned a s1k, just never really participated. I mostly just use a couple of fb groups and talk amongst those members.

I’ve got a dilemma I can’t solve, though, so I’m turning to the forums as a last resort before heading to the dealership (nearly 3 hrs drive away).

Anyway, that’s my intro.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Evidently, after just looking, I’ve introduced myself before. But it’s been so long, I had to reset my password lol. So there’s that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank ya sir.

And well, it’s a 2016 RR, Premium. Mods are basic (sprockets, air filter, windscreen) with the most extensive change being a full Arrow exhaust, omitting the exhaust servos but retaining o2 sensors of course.

I’ve scoured the forums, multiple Facebook groups, googled and tried and tried, but found no solutions to my EXACT issue. Plenty of people have had issues selecting a mode, and I’ve read up on Benny’s remarks about the TPS, etc.; but here’s my issue - mine doesn’t even bring up the options to change modes, as if I’m not even pressing the button.

It’s not that it won’t select and stay in another mode, it just doesn’t even respond to pushing the button at all. So... I replaced the switch. Same result. I checked the resistor (slick plug), all good there. We’ve tried resetting things (tps) via GS911, no changes. I’ve tried holding battery cables together for do a reset (which I was skeptical of anyway) - same result.

I’ve checked all wire connections, can’t find any shorts. Fuses are good, battery terminals are clear and tight. Battery is charged, stays on a trickle charger and is good.

I’ve tried this while off, on, in neutral sitting still, in gear and moving with clutch pulled in, everything. It just doesn’t acknowledge the button press. I’m kind of desperate because it’s about 3 hrs to the dealership. I have work, some up coming track days, and they’re saying I need to drop the bike off and it’ll be two weeks before they can even touch it minimum...

·
Vendor
2,078 Posts
Thank ya sir.

And well, it’s a 2016 RR, Premium. Mods are basic (sprockets, air filter, windscreen) with the most extensive change being a full Arrow exhaust, omitting the exhaust servos but retaining o2 sensors of course.

I’ve scoured the forums, multiple Facebook groups, googled and tried and tried, but found no solutions to my EXACT issue. Plenty of people have had issues selecting a mode, and I’ve read up on Benny’s remarks about the TPS, etc.; but here’s my issue - mine doesn’t even bring up the options to change modes, as if I’m not even pressing the button.

It’s not that it won’t select and stay in another mode, it just doesn’t even respond to pushing the button at all. So... I replaced the switch. Same result. I checked the resistor (slick plug), all good there. We’ve tried resetting things (tps) via GS911, no changes. I’ve tried holding battery cables together for do a reset (which I was skeptical of anyway) - same result.

I’ve checked all wire connections, can’t find any shorts. Fuses are good, battery terminals are clear and tight. Battery is charged, stays on a trickle charger and is good.

I’ve tried this while off, on, in neutral sitting still, in gear and moving with clutch pulled in, everything. It just doesn’t acknowledge the button press. I’m kind of desperate because it’s about 3 hrs to the dealership. I have work, some up coming track days, and they’re saying I need to drop the bike off and it’ll be two weeks before they can even touch it minimum...
PM me the VIN and I will see if Ride Mode Pro is even in the options coding. if it is not, well, it wont work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sending you the VIN.

To clarify, it did once work though. I bought this bike brand new from the dealership, premium with all options. It worked for a little more than a year. Then just quit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Follow up to this: ended in a trip to the dealer once it got stuck indefinitely in rain mode. Turned out wires for the switch were pinched beneath the airbox when reinserting the filter at some point, causing them to rub and ground out. The spliced and repaired the harness under warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts