BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as some of you may know, some other manufacturers can have "free" mods. I did a search and didn't come up with anything on the S1000RR, so I'm assuming there are non, or there's just not a thread for it.

For example, the 2005-2006 zx6r had a "jumper" mod which freed up around 10hp I think it was? You could also do a little airbox mod which took out the noise silencer lol.

inb4 get performance parts or lose weight

·
Registered
859 Posts
Exhaust flap mod. No xtra power but a touch more volume at lower rpms

For me my free mod nets near 20% more horsepower... Just ride down to sea level. Damn this bike is fast down there! It's not even close to the same bike at 5000'.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Edit: found it, thanks
There's also a baffle end cap that can be removed and it will add another touch of volume. From wha I read it takes some patience to get it out.. Maybe a six pack project. ..So not free

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
took out the baffle (the tack weld broke before I even did anything lol)

I also removed the cables from the butterfly valve, but I couldn't locate the damn servo.

·
Registered
345 Posts
More of a mode than a mod is the power that gets pulled out while in RAIN. Drive with that on for awhile and then switch to RACE/SLICK. You'll feel it in the butt dyno.

·
Registered
94 Posts
took out the baffle (the tack weld broke before I even did anything lol)

I also removed the cables from the butterfly valve, but I couldn't locate the damn servo.
Exhaust flap mod. No xtra power but a touch more volume at lower rpms

For me my free mod nets near 20% more horsepower... Just ride down to sea level. Damn this bike is fast down there! It's not even close to the same bike at 5000'.
What is the reason to do these? And how to do it? :laugh: Also after doing them is the popping sound of exhaust affected?

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I can't imagine it would really be required, probably beneficial though, as the cats I'd think are the most restrictive part of the exhaust.
But I ended up going with a full system, so no first hand experience with just the cat delete.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts