BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have suggestions on frame sliders that work on the Single R...meaning fit without having to cut so much body work that it's left flimsy, and that the sliders are strong enough to work?

I have axle sliders and engine case protection (BMW dealer/factory), but can't find frame sliders that say they fit. I ordered some, forget which brand now, when I bought my bike. Ordered thru dealer, but when they arrived, dealer said they were afraid to cut as much as would be required of the plastic in order to install.

Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Woodcraft fits well without any cutting for 2015 and probably 2016, that's what I have.
OP is asking about the naked bike, S1000R, not to be confused with the S1000RR. The fairings are completely different between the two bikes. Previously, I had a single R. I never put frame sliders on it for the same reason.... Maybe there's something out there but if so, I'm unaware.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
OP is asking about the naked bike, S1000R, not to be confused with the S1000RR. The fairings are completely different between the two bikes. Previously, I had a single R. I never put frame sliders on it for the same reason.... Maybe there's something out there but if so, I'm unaware.
Oops sorry. I guess I just rushed through that one and missed the single R.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Anybody have suggestions on frame sliders that work on the Single R...meaning fit without having to cut so much body work that it's left flimsy, and that the sliders are strong enough to work?

I have axle sliders and engine case protection (BMW dealer/factory), but can't find frame sliders that say they fit. I ordered some, forget which brand now, when I bought my bike. Ordered thru dealer, but when they arrived, dealer said they were afraid to cut as much as would be required of the plastic in order to install.

Suggestions?
I 2nd the R&G Aero sliders SKAPAN referenced above. I have them on my '15 R. The Revzilla link below provides some reviews and comments that no mods needed. SKAPAN's link also suggests no mods needed.
R&G Racing Aero Frame Sliders BMW S1000R 2014-2016 - RevZilla

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. Seems I thought I looked at revzilla and saw the R&G, but not with the offset plate specific for the single R. Could have sworn I was looking at bike specific parts. That's the ones I wanted, but now I think I may look closer at the Wunderlich, as they seem a tad less conspicuous.

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Thanks for the input. Seems I thought I looked at revzilla and saw the R&G, but not with the offset plate specific for the single R. Could have sworn I was looking at bike specific parts. That's the ones I wanted, but now I think I may look closer at the Wunderlich, as they seem a tad less conspicuous.

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies.
I have seen them on a bike and they look pretty good

·
4,587 Posts
Woodcraft with plastic black pucks. Look no further, they're the best IMO. If you race/track your bike in advanced or higher, get the shorter pucks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Woodcraft with plastic black pucks. Look no further, they're the best IMO. If you race/track your bike in advanced or higher, get the shorter pucks.
is the mounting system specific to the Single R so that it requires no cutting?

·
4,587 Posts
is the mounting system specific to the Single R so that it requires no cutting?
1- I just realized this is R subforum.

2- I have not used them on R. But from R pics (2015+) looks like the frame slider could go on top of engine mount where the fairings end. Don't take any guesses, contact WC first, they respond fast and know their stuff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
The sliders are easy to mount, the toughest part of the job is getting the side fairings off. Take the opportunity to check your coolant level while the right side is off. If you have any questions pm me. Good product.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The sliders are easy to mount, the toughest part of the job is getting the side fairings off. Take the opportunity to check your coolant level while the right side is off. If you have any questions pm me. Good product.
You don't need to take the fairing off to check coolant level as there is a window on the ride side of the bike to look through.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
You don't need to take the fairing off to check coolant level as there is a window on the ride side of the bike to look through.
I don't think skapan meant this was the only way to check the coolant but merely made a point of saying while the fairing is already off to do the install its an opportunity to also very easily check the coolant level.

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
I should have been more clear about this - I like to check the rad as well as the bottle. You can't check the rad without taking off the side panel. The bottle, sure. There can be coolant in the bottle and the rad is low.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
I should have been more clear about this - I like to check the rad as well as the bottle. You can't check the rad without taking off the side panel. The bottle, sure. There can be coolant in the bottle and the rad is low.
Maybe since there's a need to be more specific and this isn't something people would think about we should likely remind people that removing the cap with the system hot and under pressure is a bad idea.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, like checking tire pressures while riding...........or running the bike in first gear to clean the chain.......
obvious running the bike in gear to clean chain saves hella lotta time.

Just kidding folks. Don't do this unless you want to lose a finger!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts