BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new S1000RR and putting protection on it. Got all of the R&G covers but looking for advice on frame sliders. I had originally looked at the SW-Moto but they require drilling or cutting the fairing to install. Looking for some frame sliders that DO NOT require cutting or drilling.

The R&G and Rizoma sliders don't mention the need to drill or cut, but almost all others do, so I'm skeptical that these two do not.

Can anyone recommend frame sliders that don't require drilling or cutting or can confirm whether the R&G or Rizoma do not?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
896 Posts
errr, none of the frame sliders I've seen need cutting drilling on our bikes, the main bolts of the sliders replace engine mount bolts on either side.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Just got a new S1000RR and putting protection on it. Got all of the R&G covers but looking for advice on frame sliders. I had originally looked at the SW-Moto but they require drilling or cutting the fairing to install. Looking for some frame sliders that DO NOT require cutting or drilling.

The R&G and Rizoma sliders don't mention the need to drill or cut, but almost all others do, so I'm skeptical that these two do not.

Can anyone recommend frame sliders that don't require drilling or cutting or can confirm whether the R&G or Rizoma do not?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The R&G frame sliders are a bit large and I'm not sure if one or both need to be removed to be able to take off the fairings for things like oil changes etc. I purchased these:
https://www.motomillion.com/collections/bmw-s1000rr/products/4racing-defender-no-cut-frame-sliders-for-s1000rr-2015-2018?variant=7491814654018

I'm very satisfied with how easy the install was and how good they look. Not sure how well they hold up in a low side nor am I interested in finding out. The Vortex sliders I had on my GSXR 750 made all the difference on a low side so I hope these will too if ever needed.

Mani at motomillion (on the forum) is great to deal with and I assure you his customer service is top notch!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
errr, none of the frame sliders I've seen need cutting drilling on our bikes, the main bolts of the sliders replace engine mount bolts on either side.
Thanks...was hoping that would be the case. Heard some bad stories from folks with other bikes who did have to cut their fairings to install the frame sliders. Revzilla has some commentary for some of the makes/models that says:

This product FITS your 2018 BMW S1000RR
Fitment Notes & Exceptions
Requires cutting/trimming of right side bodywork
I appreciate the quick response and the confirmation!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The R&G frame sliders are a bit large and I'm not sure if one or both need to be removed to be able to take off the fairings for things like oil changes etc. I purchased these:
https://www.motomillion.com/collections/bmw-s1000rr/products/4racing-defender-no-cut-frame-sliders-for-s1000rr-2015-2018?variant=7491814654018

I'm very satisfied with how easy the install was and how good they look. Not sure how well they hold up in a low side nor am I interested in finding out. The Vortex sliders I had on my GSXR 750 made all the difference on a low side so I hope these will too if ever needed.

Mani at motomillion (on the forum) is great to deal with and I assure you his customer service is top notch!
Thanks for the input. The R&G ones are a little larger than I would prefer but when faced with the possibility of having to cut/drill the fairings or go with larger sliders, I was gonna opt for the larger sliders! :) I'll check out the 4racing ones too!

·
Registered
236 Posts
R&G is straight bolt on and no need to remove fairings, very popular.
As far as engine covers I like the GB ones. If you like small frame sliders check out the woodcraft ones, best bang for buck.
Rizoma should be bolt on too, no cut.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
R&G is straight bolt on and no need to remove fairings, very popular.
As far as engine covers I like the GB ones. If you like small frame sliders check out the woodcraft ones, best bang for buck.
Rizoma should be bolt on too, no cut.
You don't need to remove the fairings to install the R&G but once they're installed i think the fairings wont come off with them installed so if you want to take off the fairing to do an oil change i think you need to remove the slider puck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts