BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Have any of you had a problem with the frame paint wearing off due to your knees/leathers being in contact with the frame. I am now seeing the silver frame below the paintwork and the bike has only done 10,500 kms??? So far it's only a small amount worn off but it will get bigger the longer I have the bike.

·
Registered
301 Posts
This was excactly the scenario I expected to happen first time I sat on my bimmer and saw that the "inside" of my knees would rub against the frame. I immediately bought frame covers in CF from Irmscher to protect the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Simon,

I didn't see your post before i just made my own for the same issue as below:

Black paint fading on 2018 frame

Hi all,

I have a 2018 S1000RR that after only 5,500km and just over 1 year old has black paint fading on both sides of the frame where my knees rest while in the normal riding position. The only thing to ever touch these spots is my denim draggin jeans and leather pants. After reporting this to BMW they have knocked it back saying that it's normal wear and tear and that it will not be repaired under warranty. At only 5,500km and just over 1 year old, this is definitely not normal wear and tear! I can only imagine how the frame would look in these two spots after 10,000, 15,000, 20,000km and so on.

I'm just wondering, has anyone else had the same or similar issue? I called and asked 2 dealerships and they both said that they hadn't heard of this before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts