BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on getting back into it! Good choice! Hope you don't have any of the issues others were having.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just great-nice to see, ride it hard and congratulations for both the bike and the courage to jump in.
Gregg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Maybe we can start a gang. We could all get Depends underwear with the club's logo. What do you think?
YEAH! and 25 year olds, on their 600 GSXrs better get out of our way!! Yeah!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just great-nice to see, ride it hard and congratulations for both the bike and the courage to jump in.
Gregg
Thank you Gregg. I am loving it. My wife says that will fade. I don't think so!

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Maybe we can start a gang.
My small town has a gang of twenty or so 70+ scooter riders, some are in their 90s. We have lots of twisty pretty roads which are perfect for them. They travel as a group to stop at the coffee shop, wine bar, etc. I enjoy seeing them. While not very speedy they are polite and easy to pass.

Anybody that rides anything gets a wave from me. (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
0 years old and just started riding motorbikes after 30-years. Bought a cruiser (Kawasaki 1500 Classic), tourer (R1300RT), naked (F800R). All boring.

Bought a 2020 S100RR M and I AM ALIVE!! All my senses come alive. I am flying! This machine is AMAZING ...OMG!!!!

All reviews, YouTubers - don't believe them. If a 60-year old can ride this beast, so can anyone else. One sales person even laughed at me when I said I wanted a sports bike. Now ..............I laugh at him.

I've had this now for a week, and I have to say - this bike is soooooooo amazing. The power, the control, and modes, the comfort features. OH wow!!

My wife says ....Honey, you don't get so excited about me! ....LOL!

View attachment 214353

View attachment 214354

View attachment 214355

View attachment 214356
Congratulations, and I know the feeling! I have a 2020RR, I still do occasional track days, misbehave on the streets regularly--and I turned 74 last October. Here's the good news...the last two times I've been pulled over for speeding the officers let me go once they realized my age, and the most recent time, he shook my hand before telling me to get on my way. Now that's something to look forward to. Good luck out there and never stop enjoying that feeling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
0 years old and just started riding motorbikes after 30-years. Bought a cruiser (Kawasaki 1500 Classic), tourer (R1300RT), naked (F800R). All boring.

Bought a 2020 S100RR M and I AM ALIVE!! All my senses come alive. I am flying! This machine is AMAZING ...OMG!!!!

All reviews, YouTubers - don't believe them. If a 60-year old can ride this beast, so can anyone else. One sales person even laughed at me when I said I wanted a sports bike. Now ..............I laugh at him.

I've had this now for a week, and I have to say - this bike is soooooooo amazing. The power, the control, and modes, the comfort features. OH wow!!

My wife says ....Honey, you don't get so excited about me! ....LOL!

View attachment 214353

View attachment 214354

View attachment 214355

View attachment 214356
Congrats on the S1000RR, I'm 71 and here's my 2017:

It's a land rocket, for sure. Best of luck with it, and if you get a chance, go to a riding school to get the most out of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great to hear it! Well done on going Sportbike and a S1RR too, I’ve also had many other types but nothing compares to better power, better handling, better braking and way more fun, It really does heighten all your senses to a level that you just don't use that often!!!, add some adrenaline your really in that awesome place.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yup! We are on the same path. I'm looking to swap out my cruiser and my RT!!
Good for you! I went from GS and K bikes to a RR and I couldn’t be happier! Found everything in a bike that I want, checks off all boxes for me, I can ride it all day too, some said after an hour you have to get off, isn’t so, advice coming from non-RR owners. Go for it and enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats! A few years behind you and enjoying my 2018, to the point that it’s now it’s all track bike. Be careful who you hang out with or you’ll be racing Ninja 250s in a year😬

21 - 40 of 49 Posts