BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0 years old and just started riding motorbikes after 30-years. Bought a cruiser (Kawasaki 1500 Classic), tourer (R1300RT), naked (F800R). All boring.

Bought a 2020 S100RR M and I AM ALIVE!! All my senses come alive. I am flying! This machine is AMAZING ...OMG!!!!

All reviews, YouTubers - don't believe them. If a 60-year old can ride this beast, so can anyone else. One sales person even laughed at me when I said I wanted a sports bike. Now ..............I laugh at him.

I've had this now for a week, and I have to say - this bike is soooooooo amazing. The power, the control, and modes, the comfort features. OH wow!!

My wife says ....Honey, you don't get so excited about me! ....LOL!

IMG_0453[1].JPG

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
142 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Not quite 60 here, but just got one a couple of months ago. It is a fun bike. :)

·
Vendor
3,373 Posts
Its an amazing bike. I have 3 of them now. Each has its own special hardware features.

Enjoy and I am sure you are waiting on 2021 so the sun will shine again.

Reactions: RB2021

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good for you! I'm new here myself but have had such a warm reception. My bike is still waiting on parts for the front brake recall (ETA March) so I'm glad you got a chance to get out there.

From your post: "My wife says ....Honey, you don't get so excited about me! ....LOL!"

Let's just say my wife has three months to warm up to the idea about me getting a motorcycle when it shows up in our garage.

-damon

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Good for you! I'm 73 and ride my RR in the mountains pretty aggressively for as much as 300 miles in a day. If you eat right, exercise diligently and don't fall into the trap of thinking you have to "act your age", I believe you can ride a RR very proficiently into your 80's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Love this, congrats!!!!
I'm 52 and got nine of them. Not a single one is a cruiser. Lol
I was out of the sportbike scene for nine years (had a 109), till my buddy bought an RC 51 and left it in my garage. Within a mint and a half I owned that thing and went downhill from there.
They keep you young, have a blast!! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good for you! I'm 73 and ride my RR in the mountains pretty aggressively for as much as 300 miles in a day. If you eat right, exercise diligently and don't fall into the trap of thinking you have to "act your age", I believe you can ride a RR very proficiently into your 80's.
YAAASSSSS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the inspiration FLYRYDER. I was hoping to ride into my 70's. That's not a lot of time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Love this, congrats!!!!
I'm 52 and got nine of them. Not a single one is a cruiser. Lol
I was out of the sportbike scene for nine years (had a 109), till my buddy bought an RC 51 and left it in my garage. Within a mint and a half I owned that thing and went downhill from there.
They keep you young, have a blast!! :)
Yup! We are on the same path. I'm looking to swap out my cruiser and my RT!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new to this forum as well. I just put a deposit down on a 2021 RR; can't wait. I'm in my 50s and appreciate you all for the inspiration!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts