BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Administrator
7,416 Posts
I have the BMW tool, super easy on the stock forks - but people do all sorts of weird things, 3 inch spacers, alien springs, etc. etc.

Try KTech, they may be able to help you out. If you get a real stiffy for the right side you'll only need one.

· Registered
1,460 Posts
I have the BMW tool, super easy on the stock forks - but people do all sorts of weird things, 3 inch spacers, alien springs, etc. etc.

Try KTech, they may be able to help you out. If you get a real stiffy for the right side you'll only need one.
Tried K-tech already. Got so far as to try and install it. Doesn't fit it's off by a tiny amount. Only solution i've found so far is a custom wound spring out of Oregon. in 11 n/m to get me to a 10.5 avg

· Registered
163 Posts
Care to provide vendor info of the spring supplier? I'm nearly 225 in gear and find the front end dive rather concerning. Did you just replace 1 spring? if so which side is easiest. My bike is having the calipers replaced along with fork bottoms so I might just ask my dealer to swap springs when they tear down the forks to do the swap.

· Registered
1,460 Posts
Care to provide vendor info of the spring supplier? I'm nearly 225 in gear and find the front end dive rather concerning. Did you just replace 1 spring? if so which side is easiest. My bike is having the calipers replaced along with fork bottoms so I might just ask my dealer to swap springs when they tear down the forks to do the swap.
As soon as I find out more this weekend I'll let you know. Was at the BMW dealership getting an oil filter. One of the sales guys races in AFM a bunch and he showed me the springs. It was 1 spring. You would be replacing the right fork spring with an 11 n/m spring. The left side has a 9.9n/m spring so they average out to about 10.4# something.

· Registered
163 Posts
As soon as I find out more this weekend I'll let you know. Was at the BMW dealership getting an oil filter. One of the sales guys races in AFM a bunch and he showed me the springs. It was 1 spring. You would be replacing the right fork spring with an 11 n/m spring. The left side has a 9.9n/m spring so they average out to about 10.4# something.
Awesome!

· Registered
163 Posts
@GringoRR @Pretty Ricky RedROPE Spring is working well. You can order from San Jose BMW Motorcycles (+14082950205) ask for Bill and tell him Simon sent you. They are custom wound springs. They didn't give me the contact info for the vendor. Charged me $100.
Sounds great. Did you install the spring yourself? If so what tools are required?

· Registered
1,460 Posts
Like a 45mm socket/wrench to get the fork top off. I didn't install it I had my local suspension people do it. It's not hard but I have no idea what I'm doing with that stuff so leave it to the pro's! I used to run "6" on compression now I'm able to run "3"...I have the 2d sensor so they are split. But the compression is a lot softer which is nice.

· Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
9,431 Posts
@simes007us revisiting this. I tested on weekend on my bike. Stock springs currently. Preload on max. Felt heaps better than before I went to max. Still bottoming fork out though. Need springs. Will need to look in Aus. We have ktech here also.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.