BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering put carbon fiber wheels on my HP4 but want to hear others thoughts on comparison to forged wheels. I'm mostly a street/mountain knee dragger who occasionally runs a track day.

Any insight is appreciated and suggestions on carbon wheels if I go that route...BST, Thyssenkrupp, etc.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
If carbon wheels will be destroyed in a crash I doubt forged will survive the crash. Carbon wheels will have the advantage on weight.Dymag, BST, Thyssenkruppe all are very good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If carbon wheels will be destroyed in a crash I doubt forged will survive the crash. Carbon wheels will have the advantage on weight.Dymag, BST, Thyssenkruppe all are very good.
The reason CF wheels are not used for racing is because they can have structural damage that may not be visible after a crash, similar to why you replace a helmet after a crash even if it looks OK. The other reason I wouldn't recommend them for track days is if you get tyre's fitted at the track day the Risk of scratching or damaging them when they change tyres for you is a lot higher than forged wheels. IMO

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate the solid insights; I love the look of the blue forged wheels so I'll stick with them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Considering put carbon fiber wheels on my HP4 but want to hear others thoughts on comparison to forged wheels. I'm mostly a street/mountain knee dragger who occasionally runs a track day.

Any insight is appreciated and suggestions on carbon wheels if I go that route...BST, Thyssenkrupp, etc.
On my gen3 the CF wheels didn't do much on the road and on track some benefit I gained, and when I bought my gen4 I bought it without the CF wheels .save ur money on other upgrades mate .Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts