BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Those wings scream Boeing 747 on final approach(disproportionately large).... I hope they’re removable?

I’ve expressed my disdain for zocchi suspension in other threads, it’s crap. “M” stands for money and this kind of money should bring an Ohlins option some way, some how...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Those wings scream Boeing 747 on final approach(disproportionately large).... I hope they’re removable?

I’ve expressed my disdain for zocchi suspension in other threads, it’s crap. “M” stands for money and this kind of money should bring an Ohlins option some way, some how...
I agree. If one wants to race you would be better off getting the base model and putting Ohlins suspension, OZ wheels, Brembo Gp4 RX brakes, Akra exhaust, some engine work, ECU flash and save a lot of money.

·
Vendor
3,476 Posts
Isn't the pitch of the caliper mounting bolts different for the M calipers?
S1000RR (Brembo) → 100mm
M1000RR (Nissin) → 108mm
its not the pitch. it is called the caliper bolt spacing. The centerline of the bolt to bolt mounting is 100mm K67 S1000RR and the 108mm on the K66 M1000RR.. I had a CNC machine back in 2010 and I did take a Brembo 100mm and make it 108mm so I could mount some Duc calipers on my GSXR. It was a solid fit and it worked well. Taking 108mm and making them 100mm is going a different direction and likely would put the cut into the fluid cavities.

So Nissin would have to have a 100mm caliper already designed for the S1000RR if they were going to be the replacement caliper for the S1000RR.

Reactions: ZZZ

·
Registered
778 Posts
Dayum, that's sexay. Too bad I've got other vehicles to buy...

Not a huge fan of wings, but, at least these aren't as gaudy as the Ducati's. I could live with them.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I had a CNC machine back in 2010 and I did take a Brembo 100mm and make it 108mm so I could mount some Duc calipers on my GSXR. It was a solid fit and it worked well. Taking 108mm and making them 100mm is going a different direction and likely would put the cut into the fluid cavities.
Wow, there was enough spare material for that to work? What thickness was left on the outside of the machined holes, maybe 2mm? That's getting spicy!

·
Registered
103 Posts
its not the pitch. it is called the caliper bolt spacing. The centerline of the bolt to bolt mounting is 100mm K67 S1000RR and the 108mm on the K66 M1000RR.. I had a CNC machine back in 2010 and I did take a Brembo 100mm and make it 108mm so I could mount some Duc calipers on my GSXR. It was a solid fit and it worked well. Taking 108mm and making them 100mm is going a different direction and likely would put the cut into the fluid cavities.

So Nissin would have to have a 100mm caliper already designed for the S1000RR if they were going to be the replacement caliper for the S1000RR.
So you just made the holes oval shape? Were they flat mount or had locating bush.

·
Registered
778 Posts
So you just made the holes oval shape? Were they flat mount or had locating bush.
Obround actually (slot with full round ends), "oval" is actually an ellipse. Sorry, I'm a geometry geek... :)
lLRvG.jpg (800×199) (imgur.com)

But yeah, the bushings would only contact 180 degrees of each bushing that way. If the 108mm was accurate enough it would still locate accurately, I'd just imagine the wall thickness would get awful thin in those 2 areas.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I agree. If one wants to race you would be better off getting the base model and putting Ohlins suspension, OZ wheels, Brembo Gp4 RX brakes, Akra exhaust, some engine work, ECU flash and save a lot of money.
Don’t need to race to get your moneys worth, for the prices these bikes are going for they are equipped with some cheesy parts. It’s a bummer really, all these high horse power motors and mismatched parts. Kinda like buying what the Brits call a “$hit Box” (charger with a hemi motor)...

·
Vendor
3,476 Posts
oval shaped the holes. Its was just a test to see if it worked. While it did work, buying proper hardware is the best solution when dealing with brakes.

flat mount flush on the stantions and index with apply front brake while tightening. That is the same procedure I have always used for my calipers.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thank you for sharing the right knowledge.
After all, English is difficult...;)

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Yes. Please see the original media picture here. You can see the gilles logo.
View attachment 215220

Dunlop SportSmart TT Dunlop SportSmart TT chosen for BMW M 1000 RR
View attachment 215219
Yes. Please see the original media picture here. You can see the gilles logo.
View attachment 215220

Dunlop SportSmart TT Dunlop SportSmart TT chosen for BMW M 1000 RR
View attachment 215219
I never rode on these. i wonder how they perform

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I never rode on these. i wonder how they perform
on top of that...i agree with a lot of the comments/concerns. even though this isnt the competition package, as much as I am dying to ride one, i think my HP4 comp came better looking and better equipped for $10k less. I was considering selling my HP4 and upgrading to this, especially since there are only 170 coming to the states but I am having a really hard time with the price, styling, and how much of it you can can actually use on the street.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
m1000rr looks great. Are those wings removable? How are they attached to the side panels?

·
Vendor
3,476 Posts
m1000rr looks great. Are those wings removable? How are they attached to the side panels?
I seen on one of the motorrad discussion pages it was posted that they bolt on from the inside of the panel. If they are carbon and those are plastic panels, it would make since they can be removed or replaced of broken somehow.

I saw the one at COTA in December, but I didnt pay much attention to how they were on there.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts