BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
The PSI will display sitting still on the rear tire. All you have to do is put the rear on the support stand and start the bike, put it in gear and let it rotate a bit. The rear will flash the PSI up usually pretty quick. If you let it spin long enough, the front pressure will also pop up on the display.
I tried this and no dice!

·
Vendor
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
works for my coding. It might have something to do with the special coding I have in XWORKS that allows the RDC to communicate while sitting still. I will get a video of it as it usually comes on within a minute.

Reactions: Ravenbravo

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
If it wasn't 30 out I'd also put up a vid. My bike is stock. Be nice to see if it does it or not.

·
Vendor
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I just tested this PSI pop up on the stand today on my P1 bike, Customer ECU, customer TFT and the PSI popped up upon hitting 3rd gear in less than 45 seconds of rolling.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
I have an update to my coding on the TFT cluster, and I have the M1000RR ECU now.

The ECU I have will allow me to properly code the K67 cluster to a full M1000RR release. The version number currently from this M1000RR software is 022_006_020

What you can not really notice in my previous pictures is the RPM and Speed jumps alot trying to code the K67 code to be M1000RR based tach and speedo numbers. That part is easy, but, it does not have the proper calibration so that 9000 RPM is really 9000 RPM, and then 150 MPH is really 150 MPH. That is one reason it went to 217MPH, it was really 198 MPH there about on the dyno speed meter because the test was with a K67 ECU. So the calibrations were about 20MPH off in calibration. The tach was the same, at 10000 RPM it jumped to 12000, at 12000 it jumped to 15000. I saw no reason to explain this only that it is possible to code K67 with these ranges, it just does not work right.

So, in comes the M1000RR ECU and the calibrations in coding to the K67 TFT now will produce the correct calibrations so that 100MPH is 100MPH and 15000 RPM is 15000 RPM. The speed reading limitation of the M1000RR ECU code is 190, sometimes however it jumps to 192. The dyno speed is 200, but that is all my DynoJet speedo will read to is 200. My DynoJet RPM however can be set to what I need it to readout, and it will show the 15,100 RPM at redline as it should. So I am back to testing on how to get the ECU and TFT to unlock pass this 190 barrier without having the calibrations messed up. I am thinking now that BMW Motorrad put some code in the ABS since it sees the VSS signal first and then passes that info to the ECU on the CAN BUS.

I have a video of the run I made recently on the dyno showing the proper coding and calibration of the K67 cluster reading to 15,100 and the speed reading stopping at 190. Sorry about the dead space between 32 mph and where it picks back up, I dropped my phone and I did not want to run my K67 engine again to 15,100 RPM too many times on wasted power until I work on the ECU coding maps a little.

Then in the other picture attached I coded a TFT cluster to R1250 and with the wiring in place I have now, the temperature reading in fact works in the bottom left of the screen in all screens. That will mean that if I can figure out the LIN and CAN settings in the R1250 coding and move that coding to the K67 TFT then the display can be either engine temperature, or INTAKE temperature reading all the time on all screens. So this is good progress on finding out the GM is coded now proper to read the temp sensor, and the TFT can be coded, the temp does work with only a little wiring needed at the GM and ECU.

I have Menu Unlock based on Speed Limitation / changing menus and settings unlocked now too. I seen many people complain that changing RacePro settings on the fly would be nice. I am not sure how it works with the thumbwheel in the music section. I have not tested it there. Alot of the GS and XR guys hate the speed lock limitation. I have a video of flipping around in the menus and making changes while running on the dyno. I tried to talk while making the video but that did not work out too well.

View attachment 214867

View attachment 214868

View attachment 214869

R1250 tach screen, but the important part is my wiring is in place on the GM and ECU and it is working. I used a resistor to simulate the temp -40F.. The snowflake turns blue and white. I caught it while white as you can see.

View attachment 214871
hey, that's cheating to kick up the rev limit to get over 200 haha. Nice work. so beyond me with the coding on these things, but looks like great progress!

Reactions: ZZZ

·
Vendor
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
hey, that's cheating to kick up the rev limit to get over 200 haha. Nice work. so beyond me with the coding on these things, but looks like great progress!
So heres the deal on the M1000RR coding vs the S1000RR coding

The dyno overlay is good between EXWERKS V2 code. The foundation of the M1000 K66 of course starts at the K67. The conversations I have had with BMW representatives indicated that the production K67 should not be turned more than 14,800 on a racing level. If you do turn it pass 14,800 it better be limited burst and not sustained.

The M1000RR K66 is redline 15,100.

So would I go into the 1 mile with the intent to go pass 14,800.. yes, for that just 3-4 seconds in 6 gear only. 1-5 I would shift 14,500 as should be.

Now in the 1/2 mile there should be no reason to even need pass 14,800 in 6th. So normal shift at 14,500 keeping my 100RPM buffer to 14,600 real limiter.

Reactions: verrucktaxe and ZZZ

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
So heres the deal on the M1000RR coding vs the S1000RR coding

The dyno overlay is good between EXWERKS V2 code. The foundation of the M1000 K66 of course starts at the K67. The conversations I have had with BMW representatives indicated that the production K67 should not be turned more than 14,800 on a racing level. If you do turn it pass 14,800 it better be limited burst and not sustained.

The M1000RR K66 is redline 15,100.

So would I go into the 1 mile with the intent to go pass 14,800.. yes, for that just 3-4 seconds in 6 gear only. 1-5 I would shift 14,500 as should be.

Now in the 1/2 mile there should be no reason to even need pass 14,800 in 6th. So normal shift at 14,500 keeping my 100RPM buffer to 14,600 real limiter.
makes sense!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts