BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By now I assume everyone knows stocks are tumbling and bond yields are cratering. COVID-19? That's what the MSM would have you believe. But that seems simplistic. Federal Reserve cutting rates in emergency mode, with more to come this week it seems. Saudi's ignited an oil price war yesterday after their showdown with Russia on Friday, and oil looks to free fall when futures open tonight, and equity markets to follow. 10 year treasury yield going straight down, and looks to hit zero soon.

Simple question for the brilliant minds here: WTF is going on...really?

·
Vendor
2,315 Posts
Aliens released that virus and soon they are coming. Space Command is not ready just like the rest of the government best practices on handling the virus issue.

·
Registered
579 Posts
By now I assume everyone knows stocks are tumbling and bond yields are cratering. COVID-19? That's what the MSM would have you believe. But that seems simplistic. Federal Reserve cutting rates in emergency mode, with more to come this week it seems. Saudi's ignited an oil price war yesterday after their showdown with Russia on Friday, and oil looks to free fall when futures open tonight, and equity markets to follow. 10 year treasury yield going straight down, and looks to hit zero soon.

Simple question for the brilliant minds here: WTF is going on...really?
buy low sell high thats what happens

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
All I know is that I am praying for a really big crash because six months ago (call me a man before my time) I bought a ridiculous amount of Short ETF funds :D

·
Registered
907 Posts
March 9th 2010 DJI was about 10550.
Now DJI is about 23900.
In average that still is 12,7% yearly growth.
Does that sound healthy...?
Has your salary gone up 12,7% per year last ten years...?

·
Registered
907 Posts
One thing which is really really weird is extremely low exchange volumes compared to extreme volatility, in last 11 trading days.
Usually, like 999 999 times out of 1 000 000, when volatility goes up, also volume goes up.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I dont think you have any idea what you're talking about. Especially coming from a near communist / social country.

·
4,608 Posts
I think what's going on has to do with the next US election and China.
Now is a good time to go buy some stock but all of my money is tied up in real estate.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Well if anyone wants to look at some fun funds to buy for down markets: UVXY TVIX VXX QID FAZ SRS VIXY SDS

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you trade volatility it's golden time right now
VIX exploding...UVXY (triple VIX ETF) is up over 5X in two weeks. You're absolutely right...but a lot of people are going to be hurt
Well if anyone wants to look at some fun funds to buy for down markets: UVXY TVIX VXX QID FAZ SRS VIXY SDS
I would be looking for a solid bounce here. Then I'd look at these etf's, if the bounce fails. Fear/greed index at 3 right now...major historic low.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I dont think you have any idea what you're talking about. Especially coming from a near communist / social country.
Yeh, I just got lucky.
ISIN FI4000357736, Long DAX Unlimited Turbo Warrant
18:45:20 (UTC) Buy 1,00 EUR
07:15:37 (UTC) Sell 6,06 EUR

Gotta love this commie ****. ;)

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Look at TVIX and UVXY... done

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
World Health Organization (WHO) just declared it - PANDEMIC

Good-bye "consumer confidence"...good-bye elevated equity prices.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts