BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nvm, found it! Checked the ole' owners manual and found what I was looking for, the adjustment at the bottom on the right side, normally for sag, not sure what it's called on these things lol.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Nvm, found it! Checked the ole' owners manual and found what I was looking for, the adjustment at the bottom on the right side, normally for sag, not sure what it's called on these things lol.
Sag is set with the collar adjustment on the spring. The other settings are compression and rebound.. Normally you don't use those to set sag.

So you already have the mcintosh arm on? What did you use for dog bones?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hmmmmmm, always thought it was sag, it's sitting decent now.

I do have the arm on however it isn't from McIntosh, it's from Evil. Used them in the past along with other people I know. Work great and much more affordable. Sitting on soupys adjustable links.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I realize this is an old thread but I just picked up a 5-9 mcintosh arm myself. Should I be sketched out about the break stop block just resting on the swingarm?? Say u were to roll the bike backwards and hit the rear break...Wouldnt that rotate the caliper and brake plate backwards off the swing?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I realize this is an old thread but I just picked up a 5-9 mcintosh arm myself. Should I be sketched out about the break stop block just resting on the swingarm?? Say u were to roll the bike backwards and hit the rear break...Wouldnt that rotate the caliper and brake plate backwards off the swing?
Yes rolling it backwards and hitting the rear brake will roll the caliper up a bit... Not a big deal tho.

Did you get the adjustable lowering link?

Mcintosh arm has a 1" drop built into it so... If you want to run it at stock height, you'll have to either do some modding to the stock U link or get the Brocks window link and have them change the inserts.

I run mine at stock height so it still handles good..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks guys, and ya I got Brock's 4" Lowering links on it. Love the way it looks and plants the power to the ground!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just want to start by saying your bike is the reason I just purchased a 4-8” swingarm! You’re bike is sick! Plus the functionality of it with fit my riding still perfectly for the streets around here!

So to my question.... what length “lowering link” did you have to get made? I’m needing to keep my rear at stock height due to wanting to keep my DDC rear shock functional. Or maybe even a measurement from the mounting points so I can holler at Brocks or soupy to make me one!

Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Bike looks really clean. What type are you putting down? At 19x's wheel hp i was able to do 30 rolls all day with the front strapped. And release strap and ride mountains.

I miss my s1k and now am +6 on a 300 wheel h2

·
Registered
1 Posts
swingarm extension for 2017 model

hi guys, could anyone tell where to find Swingarm extension and adapter for brake caliper for s 1000 rr 2017 ?
I try to find from eBay but didn't find.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts