BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I like the Cups. Great compound, gets up to temp quickly and stays there. Consistent and great feedback.

95% of my riding is track oriented.

I find that the RS tire doesn’t provide any feedback before it let’s go. You’re riding and everything seems fine then you push 1% harder and push the front out of no where.

If you had to twist my arm for another Brand street tire it would be a Dunlop Q4 hands down.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I like the Cups. Great compound, gets up to temp quickly and stays there. Consistent and great feedback.

95% of my riding is track oriented.

I find that the RS tire doesn’t provide any feedback before it let’s go. You’re riding and everything seems fine then you push 1% harder and push the front out of no where.

If you had to twist my arm for another Brand street tire it would be a Dunlop Q4 hands down.
Thanks for the feedback. Have you tried the power 5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Have you tried the power 5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no I haven’t tried those but it isn’t really in my wheel house ya know?

the problem with tires is that it’s all a little subjective as you have to pick what you want your tires to do.

anyways!

congrats on the second bike Benny. Keep the shiny side up :)

·
Administrator
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I actually have never really ridden on Michellin tyres that much. I have to say though that these tyres have been great in the 600kms I have used them. No grip issues at all. Rear seems to slip a bit in Dynamic mode under hard acceleration on a warm day but that's kind of normal. So far I don't mind them. I won't be ditching any tyre the bike comes with anyway. I'll use them up and then put my Continental Sport Attack 4's on.

·
Administrator
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Am I going to be shunned for putting sport touring tires on mine after OEMs are worn 😬
What tyres are you going to run? I run sports touring pretty much. I never run something soft like a Supercorsa or K3 Metzeller. I'll mince that sh1t in 1 or 2 rides on a hot day. No thanks. I prefer to get some mileage out of the tyre. Besides, I can run rings around idiots on the street on a set of knobbies on a R1200GS so really, this soft sh1t is not needed. For track yes. If you got money to burn go for it. But I need a tyre that's going to handle 800km days x 4 and not be on the belts when I get home. I've played that game before running soft stuff. Day 1 its 50%. Day 2 its on belts. Still got 2 days left!

Everyone has their intended purpose for the bike. I don't go to the track. It's purely a street bike for me.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Am I going to be shunned for putting sport touring tires on mine after OEMs are worn
Nope, not everyone is a track day hero! I'm running M9RR at the moment, good tyre so far, heaps of km and good grip

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

·
Registered
24 Posts
What tyres are you going to run? I run sports touring pretty much. I never run something soft like a Supercorsa or K3 Metzeller.
Couldn't agree more. I plan on running Pirelli Angel GT 2s as I've had the originals and loved them. Good balance between grip/confidence and mileage. Granted I was on a smaller bike but I could take those down to the very edge with complete confidence. I ride on the street and I'm not looking to take a minute off a "lap" off nasho. Just looking to be able to hop on and ride anywhere in any condition without thinking about tyre pressure/temps and when my next tire change is AND still have fun. Sport touring tires have served me very well for that purpose.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I actually have never really ridden on Michellin tyres that much. I have to say though that these tyres have been great in the 600kms I have used them. No grip issues at all. Rear seems to slip a bit in Dynamic mode under hard acceleration on a warm day but that's kind of normal. So far I don't mind them. I won't be ditching any tyre the bike comes with anyway. I'll use them up and then put my Continental Sport Attack 4's on.
I agree, I like these tires and never been a fan of Michellin. I do have a brand new set of Pirelli Rosso Corsa 2 sitting in the garage when these are used up though.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nope, not everyone is a track day hero! I'm running M9RR at the moment, good tyre so far, heaps of km and good grip

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe
I've run all the Metzler "M"'s for years, the last one being the M7. How do you like the M9's? How do they compare to the M7's? From the reviews, the 9's are pretty much better in every way, like I felt the 7's were over the 5's.

Thx!

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
126 Posts
I have the power 5's im not too impressed. GI t a flat on my way to the break in service and the power5 was all they had to get me home. So I settled for them. I need a more aggressive/softer/track oriented tire. Case in point this weekends ride... I could not keep the rear from spinning. Even at 36psi.. on corner exit the bike would pick the front up and hold it there 4-5 inches off the ground while the rear end dances underneath me.. the power RS, were ok... but got weird as they became worn. I would like to try the RS11's, Cups or the V3 SP next.. I worked for Bridgestone for almost 10 years, learned a lot about tires.. I really like the price point of the Bridgestone and the RS10'S were awesome on my other bike.

To be fair our bikes are beasts. Especially with a tune & the dtc was on 2..

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I've run all the Metzler "M"'s for years, the last one being the M7. How do you like the M9's? How do they compare to the M7's? From the reviews, the 9's are pretty much better in every way, like I felt the 7's were over the 5's.

Thx!
yes better in every way, grip wet or dry, warm up quick, and look to be racking up the km no worries.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I hated the Michelin PR4s I had on my previous bike, a K1300S. Terrible feel and sketchy grip. Even worse, they didn't wear out fast enough so I had to remove them with many miles of life left.

Anyway, you don't own an S1000RR for any practical reason. You own it purely for (intense) pleasure. Thus you get tires to match that purpose. I don't see the point of putting anything less than a Dunlop Q3+ or Bridgestone S22. I go the extra step with Q4s.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Day 2. Muffler bolt fell out somewhere on a ride lol. Didn't think I needed to loctite that one. Clearly I did. Dash is cutting out as well. Did it 3 or 4 times today. Cold start pops have arrived also.
First thing I did when I got mine and the rear sets was put loctite on haha! Glad I did :)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts