BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the long wait is finally over. I picked up my 2021 S 1000 RR M Sport tonight. Rode it home and fitted all my accessories to it. It's almost been a carbon copy start to 2021 as what 2020 started like. Waited 12 months for my 2020. 3 weeks and write it off hitting a cow. Wait 12 more months. Get a new 2021 only 5 days after I picked the 2020 up last Jan. Let's hope this one lasts longer and I don't end up eating steak in 3 weeks time. This one is pretty much the same as the 2020. Has the M Endurance DLC coated gold chain and the USB socket in the tail. Checked the callipers at the dealer. Don't seem to be leaking (yet). Cold start was ok as well. Will update software when I service it.

Heading out tomorrow and the next day for back to back mountain runs to get it run in. Around 800kms. Tyres are the Michellin RS which I have not ridden on before. Let's see if they last longer than the Metzeller K3. Going to try and mince them in 2 days. Rode it out of the dealership and smashed my balls on the tank. Damn run in limiter. Piss that fking thing right off. Next 7 days is all sun and really warm. Prime time for shredding. Can't bloody wait for tomorrow!

Accessory list is same as the last one:
BMW TFT Protector
BMW Tank Pad
BMW Tall Tinted Screen
BMW Axle Sliders
BMW Swingarm pickups
Evotech Frame Sliders
BMW Radiator and Oil Cooler Guards
Evotech Tail Tidy
BMW M Front Brake Lever
BMW M Clutch Lever
BMW M Rearsets
BMW Tank bag (small)
GB Racing Engine Covers
BMW Tailbag (not pictured)
Pillion Seat (not pictured)

Front reflectors are still on. They will be coming off. I ran out of time and couldn't be bothered.

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Very nice. Toolkit too, Did they give you the ring wrench for the axle nut or just the chain adjuster wrench?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Congrats! Do you know if there is some kind of difference with the Hayes calipers in your neck of the woods compared to the ones in the USA? Stop sale because of Front calipers in the USA but not on your side?

·
Vendor
3,373 Posts
You know you have BMW in your heart. Make Life A Ride.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Congrats bro, and here's to hoping you have many safe and "steak-free" miles with her!

Oh, and sounds like you need a nutz protector to go on your tank protector until break-in is through... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations Benny!! Can't wait to get mine and see you on the streets soon! Enjoy the turn of weather while you can 😁
Where did you get the frame sliders?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Congrats! Let us know how it feels to be back on.

·
Administrator
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice. Toolkit too, Did they give you the ring wrench for the axle nut or just the chain adjuster wrench?
Dunno. Normally just throw that in the cupboard some where lol.
Congrats! Do you know if there is some kind of difference with the Hayes calipers in your neck of the woods compared to the ones in the USA? Stop sale because of Front calipers in the USA but not on your side?
It's only affecting US bikes as far as I know.
Congratulations Benny!! Can't wait to get mine and see you on the streets soon! Enjoy the turn of weather while you can 😁
Where did you get the frame sliders?
Hurtlegear in Perth do all Evotech stuff. I've order all my Evotech stuff through them over the years.

·
Administrator
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Day 2. Muffler bolt fell out somewhere on a ride lol. Didn't think I needed to loctite that one. Clearly I did. Dash is cutting out as well. Did it 3 or 4 times today. Cold start pops have arrived also.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike!

I hope the issues are quickly and easily resolved.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Day 2. Muffler bolt fell out somewhere on a ride lol. Didn't think I needed to loctite that one. Clearly I did. Dash is cutting out as well. Did it 3 or 4 times today. Cold start pops have arrived also.
The big bolt?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts