BMW S1000RR Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I flashed the bike a few day’s ago. I’ll give my honest opinion on it. This isn’t a post about which flash is better, which one to go with, but more of why the flash I went with was better for me. I’m not saying one product is better then the other or doubting others peoples work. This is just what I went with and why i went with them. I have the stage 1 Brentuning flash. So I’ll first start off with the fact that the first cold start with the new exhaust and filter wasn’t that bad with the current bmw software that’s on the bike. However a few days later when I started it again before flashing I noticed how the idle wasn’t consistent on cold start, seemed a little higher then it should be at times, almost seemed to die out for a second a few times and just didn’t sound like it really should of been if that makes any sense till it was warmed up. I’m sure most of you have seen videos of what I’m talking about. Having other liter bikes throughout the years you kinda know how it should sound with a consistent idle. So the flash fixed that issue 100%. Nice consistent good idle speed from dead cold and of course when warm as well. So before the exhaust and filter change sometimes the bike would randomly stall when cruising and letting off throttle/clutched pulled in to coast to a light. So far I can’t make the bike stall like I did before. The bike also sounds a lot better when doing so. It seemed like if the bike ( before flash) didn’t stall when doing what I mentioned above, it would kinda rev higher for a second when rpm was towards the bottom. So that issue seems gone now as well. Ill keep monitoring it and will update if I have that issue after the flash. But it feels great to be and I’m confident if I’m cruising and let off throttle/ pull in clutch that the bike will behave like normal and not stall. Now for the notorious flat spot. I knew that it was there but I didn’t realize how much I was missing in power till it was fixed. The bike wants to wheelie when in that rpm range when letting off/ cracking the throttle. Totally different animal and I’m loving every second of it. I know there is a rpm limiter increase however due to horrible wind that day I didn’t get to really rev her out that good. Still getting used to the power as well. The bike also has a lower temp fan kick on which I think is great as well. Definitely keeps the motor colder. I don’t think it got over 195 when idling if I remember correctly. I do hear the fan kicking on more often. The quick shifter does seem a tad bit faster. I also like the fact if I wanted to throw some mr12 into the bike I can. Am I going to do that? Honestly probably not. But the choice to be able to do so is great. Overall the bike seems smoother even when taking off from a stop. The bike is an absolute blast to ride now. Not that it wasn’t fun before. It’s just so much better now. I was pretty happy with my purchase of the bike originally from factory but now I’m definitely getting my money worth. Much more smiles all day long now. Also I’ve never flashed a bike before in my life. The handheld unit and the YouTube video on how to do so was super helpful and walked you through every step. I literally keep doing each step, pausing and playing the video. It was dummy proof and I loved that. To me that’s a huge part of customer service making things much easier. Especially where your doing something that could potentially really mess things up it made me feel confident in what i was doing. Another thing with the handheld is that I like that I’ll be able to read engine codes with it and clear it. Also I loved the ease of being able to do this all at home. I may have missed something more in depth about the flash but I’m super happy with it. A huge shout out to @BRENTUNING for a awesome product and for the super fast turn around time! Thankyou! Another shout out to @MotoMillion for the awesome parts. Mani has awesome customer service and communication. He is definitely my go to guy for parts and will continue to get my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Thanks guys! My main objective at this point is to get the bike paid off. A couple months and it’s done. Then I’ll get some other things like some carbon. As for the stage 2 flash I’ll have to check into it. Stage 1 is really all you need for the most part it does a lot. Bike makes plenty of power now across the board and I’m very happy with it. Some minor things like a phone holder will be in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 126 of 126 Posts