BMW S1000RR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Wow the full exhaust and air filter made a big difference in power can’t believe how chocked up it was. First start for a sound check and to see how it acted wasn’t horrible. At one time a error message came up and I couldn’t rev it much at all which I think was limp mode. Shut it off, turned back on and no engine failure message. Took it for a ride around the block quick just to see how it felt and I was very impressed! I’m hoping that engine failure was just because of the servo and not another issue. Didn’t do it again on the short ride and after having it idle for awhile. Once I flash I’m sure that won’t be a issue anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Did you remove the exhaust servo and install the servo buddy?
Removed servo, opened it up, took the cables and wheel out and put the parts that came with the exhaust into the servo, cover back on and installed it back into the bike with the connector in it like outlined in the exhaust manual. Once I flash it from Bren should take away any faults

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
The OP said he was tiptoeing at 5'9".. does that mean there's no hope for someone who is 5'6? I was a bit less than tiptoeing on my HP4... :oops:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
The OP said he was tiptoeing at 5'9".. does that mean there's no hope for someone who is 5'6? I was a bit less than tiptoeing on my HP4... :oops:
Should of been more specific... Basically I’m on the balls of my feet when both feet are down. When I come to a stop i usually keep my left foot on the ground and my right on the peg. The tire I have is a 200/55. Maybe someone shorter than 5’9 could use a 190/50 tire? They could also get riding boots that will add a little bit of height. When there’s a will there’s a way. I’m sure there will be lowering links available in the future. Also there may be a way to make the bike sag a little more

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
It’s taller than the HP4. You can try out mine whenever you are ready bro

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wow the full exhaust and air filter made a big difference in power can’t believe how chocked up it was. First start for a sound check and to see how it acted wasn’t horrible. At one time a error message came up and I couldn’t rev it much at all which I think was limp mode. Shut it off, turned back on and no engine failure message. Took it for a ride around the block quick just to see how it felt and I was very impressed! I’m hoping that engine failure was just because of the servo and not another issue. Didn’t do it again on the short ride and after having it idle for awhile. Once I flash I’m sure that won’t be a issue anymore

Looks very nice with CF can. I am liking it. can you put a photo to show the side.

·
Registered
392 Posts
thats interesting and means that it is storing the data on your/our phones and its attached to the paired device as well. So if you swap phones or repair then you start over on some of the data. The obvious data like PSI and mileage are obviously stored on the bike. Youd think they would let you backup the data or something to keep it counting with you and not the device.
The ride history (and its performance data) and current state of the bike (odo, fuel, tire pressures) are stored in the private encrypted app area. It can only be accessed by the app. It is deleted when the app is uninstalled.

You don't want your data uploaded to the cloud where it can be subpoenaed by the police. It is private on your phone and easily/quickly deleted. BMW should provide a mechanism to export the full data for longer-term storage, sharing and analysis on a larger computer. They currently only provide a GPX export that only contains timestamp and lat/lon locations for retracing the route.

There are also several bugs in the app. The most annoying is that its ride replay isn't at exactly real-time speed. I thought it was, so recorded the ride playback and overlaid the app screen on my ride video only to find that the app replay was about 30% shorter - it plays back at about a 50% higher rate than real-time.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
It’s taller than the HP4. You can try out mine whenever you are ready bro

I'll take you up on that offer whenever you have time. i just need to sit on the saddle and see how screwed I am.

Should of been more specific... Basically I’m on the balls of my feet when both feet are down. When I come to a stop i usually keep my left foot on the ground and my right on the peg. The tire I have is a 200/55. Maybe someone shorter than 5’9 could use a 190/50 tire? They could also get riding boots that will add a little bit of height. When there’s a will there’s a way. I’m sure there will be lowering links available in the future. Also there may be a way to make the bike sag a little more

Thank you for the details. I used lowering links long ago on my ZX, but not a fan of them because you have to change a few things with it and the bike won't feel the same. I had to cut and re-weld the kickstand to begin with. I do have rider boots but doubt it provides enough height/support. The tire tip is great, thank you. But i LOVE the look of the 200! lol and believe me i can tell the difference.
Even on the HP4 i mostly had the left foot flat and the right foot on the peg, the bike would be at a very slight angle so it was quite easily manageable.

Doesn't BMW know, lower is better! :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
OP, I was referring to the view of the whole bike with fairings installed, from side, that way we can see the exhaust :) - thank you.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
So did you install it yourself? Any issues? How long did install take?
I took my time with install and did it myself. Think it was like 3 days. I did a hr or two here. Couple hours the next day. Besides the space being super super tight it went ok. If you don’t mind taking off the radiator completely it will be super easy. I did not go that route but if I had to do it again I definitely would. It is possible to do it without taking off the radiator though. Your gonna need a bunch of extensions for 1/4” wrench and a 12 point short and deep socket 10mm for 1/4”. A good spring puller tool. Swivel for 1/4”. I stretched out I believe 2 springs just a little bit to help get them into place but they are still nice and tight. The instructions are pretty good that come with it. I did put a couple very minor knicks in the oil cooler back fins stupid spring tool kinda bounced back and hit it. Obviously nothing to worry about it’s really not bad at all but it being brand new kinda made me pissed. Maybe I’ll replace it down the road in a few years but bike is fine. Take your time and if you get full ti use gloves to avoid fingers prints, then once complete use wd40 to clean the all the pipes. First startup the pipes will be smoking pretty good but goes away very quick it’s just because of the wd40

·
Registered
205 Posts
Awesome. The CF can looks asymmetrical to the tail. I see so many brands where the cans do not follow the tail line, and it just doesn't look nice.

Thanks, OP.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts