BMW S1000RR Forum banner

81 - 101 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Wasn’t pouring out today so I got down to the dealership to get the first service done and the rev limiter removed. Bike rips pretty good up top. I can notice the flat spot now since I can actually rev the bike out. Bike got a software update as well so we’ll see if it stalls out again. Almost lost my windscreen and bolts today. When the dealer put xpel on the tft to protect it, the windscreen was removed. The guy must of not tightened them down good enough when I first picked it up. The remaining 3 were loose when I got home and one was lost. Also the top bolt that’s still in there has no clear/white washer underneath it. They probably lost that as well possibly not knowing. Put my tank pad on tonight looks good. Bikes kinda dirty from today’s ride to the dealer. I gotta get some time to clean it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'd call the dealer and complain to the service manager. That could have caused an accident!
Congrats on the ECU unlock.

·
Registered
416 Posts
id def call as well.

Really jealous that you are unlocked. If you don't mind me asking, what did it run ya? My dealer is estimating $4-500. Surprising they couldnt give me an exact cost.
Im sitting at 210 miles....ill get there eventually, stupid cold weather.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
id def call as well.

Really jealous that you are unlocked. If you don't mind me asking, what did it run ya? My dealer is estimating $4-500. Surprising they couldnt give me an exact cost.
Im sitting at 210 miles....ill get there eventually, stupid cold weather.
Your getting there bud. You’ll be at the 600 before you know it. It’s still cold out. It came to 391 total so yea right around 400 bucks. Put $100 away each week you’ll probably have the miles when the cash is ready as well

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wonder why yours looks different than mine. Android here. Including the differences in service dates/miles

I figure by the end of march i should be unlocked.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Not sure. Could be because I just went to the garage to turn it back on so it connects. Last time I took a screenshot it was this one that showed tire pressure.

I use iphone.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Looking at our miles to hours you can tell that a lot of yours are commuting miles. Your tire pressure is a tad high as well.

·
Registered
416 Posts
yeah im adjusting it when its time to ride again. the low temp nights and the 60 deg 2 days we had kinda messed with the pressure.

So far its all been commuting miles which i dont mind for now. Highway lets me vary the throttle and RPM easily. Once i get it unlocked then we will shift to spirited rides.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Looking at our miles to hours you can tell that a lot of yours are commuting miles. Your tire pressure is a tad high as well.
Mine says only 34 minutes ride time? When the update was done I had to pair the phone again to the bike and didn’t know till I stopped for a few minutes

·
Registered
416 Posts
Mine says only 34 minutes ride time? When the update was done I had to pair the phone again to the bike and didn’t know till I stopped for a few minutes

thats interesting and means that it is storing the data on your/our phones and its attached to the paired device as well. So if you swap phones or repair then you start over on some of the data. The obvious data like PSI and mileage are obviously stored on the bike. Youd think they would let you backup the data or something to keep it counting with you and not the device.

·
Registered
150 Posts
What’s the minimum mileage most of the dealers are wanting before they’ll unlock? I know in the manual it’s a minimum 300miles/500km, my dealer is happy to unlock after 500km.. I’m 250km in and 100+ laps at my local track, very impressed so far with the stock bike.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You tracked it on a limited bike? surprising.

My dealer insisted on 600 miles \ 950 km +. My 2015 they wanted at least 500 miles. Same ballpark.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
What’s the minimum mileage most of the dealers are wanting before they’ll unlock? I know in the manual it’s a minimum 300miles/500km, my dealer is happy to unlock after 500km.. I’m 250km in and 100+ laps at my local track, very impressed so far with the stock bike.

I think it depends on where you are. Some dealers will unlock after 300 miles. My dealer said as long it’s close to the 600 mark they will. I made sure I was over the 600. Didn’t wanna ride a hr out in crappy weather for nothing

·
Registered
150 Posts
You tracked it on a limited bike? surprising.

My dealer insisted on 600 miles \ 950 km +. My 2015 they wanted at least 500 miles. Same ballpark.
Yep, no plan to ever ride it on the road it’ll be my 2020 Superstock racebike. I just put some good tires on it and the rest is stock, laptimes we’re still pretty good considering the 9k rpm limit.

·
Registered
416 Posts
nice, i would have never thought of tracking it. Bet it was fun even with it gimped. Im looking forward to my first track day with this bike in June.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Full ti akra carbon can installed and sprint filter. Gotta clean up the exhaust then see how she sounds tomorrow

81 - 101 of 126 Posts