BMW S1000RR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love the app. Nav is great and the feature that graphs speed and lean angle is pretty cool. I think that came with an update. I dont believe it did that at first.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I love the app. Nav is great and the feature that graphs speed and lean angle is pretty cool. I think that came with an update. I dont believe it did that at first.
App is free correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,832 Posts
The app is available on iPhone and Android. Just check out the respective DL stores.

Reactions: Pipes1021

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yep, I posted about it here when the update first came out. I just looked back through my log and see that my first trip logged with Performance data was 2019-12-05. The release must have come out a day or two before, at least on Android.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

Put on another 138 miles today. I’m really enjoying the bike so far. Definitely putting some smiles on my face. The bike feels light and nimble. Definitely flickable. The dash is just amazing. From the multiple tachometers you can choose from, the huge size and everything about it. Why the hell they don’t have the bikes temperature on the tach screen is beyond me that’s the only thing missing. I hope they can make that happen at some point. The rev limiter is such a tease! Can’t wait to get that removed. Definitely looking forward to seeing how much she pulls up top. I loved the way my 2011 pulled on the top end so I’m hoping this year model steps it up some.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

Break in miles are done. Will be over the 600 mark when I drive the bike to the dealer. Was trying to get it there this week but with my day off on Wednesday and rain that’s not happening so hopefully next week the weather will cooperate. Quick refuel today to have a full tank for when I do go there. Took the other liter bike out quick to get a few miles on the new tires. I played with the app today which is pretty awesome and used the navigation. I will still prefer a blue line and navigation from my phone so a stem mount and phone holder will be ordered at some point. I would like the wireless charging one that fatal posted. Have to see when that’s gonna be available to order and if it will still fit my phone. The ram x grip just barley fits with my iPhone xsmax and case. The bike did shut off yesterday and today at one point just riding and pulling in the clutch to coast. I really hope the software update fixes that issue when I have the dealer remove the rev limiter. Kinda a crappy feeling to know that the bike may randomly stall when pulling in the clutch. I’m sure a flash will fix all that nonsense

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

Says it fits the XS max
I love ram products they make great stuff. Hmm that’s a tough one. The quick grip looks more clean but I’m not sure how good the grip is. Might have to wait till cycle gear or something gets one in stock to check it out

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I love ram products they make great stuff. Hmm that’s a tough one. The quick grip looks more clean but I’m not sure how good the grip is. Might have to wait till cycle gear or something gets one in stock to check it out

I was at the Orange store today talking to them about it. They didn't even know about them nor did they know about the Sena 50S.... There were 4-5 employees there too. Now they all know. They said as soon as they become available they will get them in. They match online prices as well.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah it is. Did you slam on your brakes before that turn?
No, that was from a previous run through the same road segment. I occasionally get alerts of ABS intervention when trail braking into corners. The thing is I don't feel it - very light on the brakes that trail off as I tip in. As you see here, I'm very lightly on the gas right after apexing. I feel it when DSC kicks in, but have always been surprised when I later see the ABS alert on the map.

BTW, the ride replay has a bad bug in it. I just reported it to BMW. I thought it would be cool to overlay the video of the ride replay telemetry screen onto the ride video (both helmet cam and 360). But I found out that the replay is not in real time; it's a bit faster. It thus doesn't align with ride video, and isn't currently useful for this purpose. I don't think the behavior is intentional and I believe I've found their problem.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You’re right. I never notice ABS going off today. The only thing I noticed was my rev limiter.

·
Registered
513 Posts
ill look at mine to make sure its installed correctly. I will say that this is a sexy ass eliminator. loving mine even though its just a matter of time before the cops stop me.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I might install mine tomorrow. I went to Lowe’s and picked up a invisible door hinge. I will see what I could do to make sure I could flip my plate up for off road track use.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
ill look at mine to make sure its installed correctly. I will say that this is a sexy ass eliminator. loving mine even though its just a matter of time before the cops stop me.
Did you get the tucked version? That’s the one I got. If the cops break your balls im sure you can bend the plate bracket some to make it more visible

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I might install mine tomorrow. I went to Lowe’s and picked up a invisible door hinge. I will see what I could do to make sure I could flip my plate up for off road track use.
Looking forward to the pics and to see what you come up with

61 - 80 of 126 Posts