BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Are you still getting your bike tomorrow?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Hope so. Dealer should be emailing or calling me in the AM with an ETA. Gonna be a rainy day so I'm not in a rush plus it's cold out. I'm going to order the NRC fender eliminator then figure a way to either weld or bolt on a door hinge so I could flip my plate up.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have my NRC on order...apparently they are behind and they said not to expect mine until late feb early march. Ah well, i wont worry about it until I get my break in service.

Im hoping Wed is ok to ride. 42/45 degrees and clear...heres to hoping i can get some seat time.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hope so. Dealer should be emailing or calling me in the AM with an ETA. Gonna be a rainy day so I'm not in a rush plus it's cold out. I'm going to order the NRC fender eliminator then figure a way to either weld or bolt on a door hinge so I could flip my plate up.
I love that tail tidy I just installed mine tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
513 Posts
Do you have a gap between the body and the tail tidy?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
how do you like the new michelin 5s? I'm a fan of the Rs tires. And Grats on the new bike.
They are the power series so they should be good. I’ve always loved Michelin tires. Can’t give a honest review on them it’s been too cold out she still trying to get some miles on them

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

NRC Tail tidy. Cleans up the bike so much! Definitely worth it imo and it’s bright too!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Any concerns with water intrusion through the gap?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Any concerns with water intrusion through the gap?
I wouldn’t be concerned about it. I really don’t ride my bike in the rain. But I doubt it would get up there. If anything my insurance card would get a tiny bit wet first that’s if the water even made it up there

·
Registered
513 Posts
i really want that rad guard but not sure i have the tools to be able to get it installed. killing me over there.

·
Registered
513 Posts
At the NH/MASS border.
Apartment living and my bike sits in the garage. Its only torx screws right? I might be able to do this on my own with a simple torx setup.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
At the NH/MASS border.
Apartment living and my bike sits in the garage. Its only torx screws right? I might be able to do this on my own with a simple torx setup.
Just take your time with it you’ll be fine. Torx screws and Allen head. A guard is definitely needed regardless of what brand you use

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Looks good. I'll do the rad guards when i do my exhaust.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Don’t wait until you get an exhaust, unless you already have it, I would not ride mine without the radiator guards.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I'll be throwing the exhaust on soon. It's still winter here. I'm going to try to get my break in miles done around town then after the first service put them on. In all my years of riding I've never had them nor have I ever gotten a hole in my radiator or oil cooler. Non of the guys I've ridden with have either. This will be the first bike I put them on.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Which exhaust did you get?

Looking at the Akra with the carbon can. BUT, i hate how it hands from the passenger peg mounts...Maybe ill go for a shorty GP style exhaust but I dont want to deal with loudness issues at the track.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Which exhaust did you get?

Looking at the Akra with the carbon can. BUT, i hate how it hands from the passenger peg mounts...Maybe ill go for a shorty GP style exhaust but I dont want to deal with loudness issues at the track.
Haven't ordered one yet.

21 - 40 of 126 Posts