BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Registered
2021 s1000rr
603 Posts
If I'm not seeing any fluid now what's the worst case scenario? I see fluid and get it taken care of? Bike overheats and I know I have an issue? Is there catastrophic consequences that aren't reversible?
Loosing the rear end if it pukes coolant at the wrong time. Making someone else wad up thier bike because you're dripping coolant. Ect... those are worst case.. 2nd worst is cross contamination and some sort of problem internally. But you'd see milky coolant.

· Registered
4 Posts
Noticed last night after getting bike back from header install a few drops of coolant on the ground. I hadn't seen this before. '22 S1000RR around 2700 miles. It was around 105F out yesterday, I don't redline it often and NEVER leave it there. Occasionally hitting redline quickly for the kids on a rev. Airbox showed 129 at the highest when I started monitoring.

View attachment 223242

Thoughts on this? When the bike was running I couldn't see any fluid and believe this was after spirited riding and the bike being turned off.

Another question,
What do people typically do with the flapper module cable after header install? This is still plugged in and zip tied hidden on the bike. Do they just remove this or leave it plugged in and secured like I have? Its hot here in the midwest US. Cold start is perfect, no tune, primary focus is warranty, bikes running awesome, sounds awesome. No codes or errors.

I appreciate everyone's expertise. God bless.
Had/ have the same issue now. It’s a somewhat “ common “ issue with the k67. It’s the weep hole at the back/top of the oil pan. It’s caused by a bad water pump seal. My 22 S1KRR has 5k miles with every tuning option BTMOTO offers. BMW covered it under warranty. However, I did put the stock exhaust back on with the servos cables back on and flashed it back to “stock”. 🤙🏽

· Registered
5 Posts
Noticed last night after getting bike back from header install a few drops of coolant on the ground. I hadn't seen this before. '22 S1000RR around 2700 miles. It was around 105F out yesterday, I don't redline it often and NEVER leave it there. Occasionally hitting redline quickly for the kids on a rev. Airbox showed 129 at the highest when I started monitoring.

View attachment 223242

Thoughts on this? When the bike was running I couldn't see any fluid and believe this was after spirited riding and the bike being turned off.

Another question,
What do people typically do with the flapper module cable after header install? This is still plugged in and zip tied hidden on the bike. Do they just remove this or leave it plugged in and secured like I have? Its hot here in the midwest US. Cold start is perfect, no tune, primary focus is warranty, bikes running awesome, sounds awesome. No codes or errors.

I appreciate everyone's expertise. God bless.
I removed the servo, opened it up and popped the cables out, then reinstalled it. Then I cut them to get them out easily.
Is the coolant coming out the overflow tube?

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Had/ have the same issue now. It’s a somewhat “ common “ issue with the k67. It’s the weep hole at the back/top of the oil pan. It’s caused by a bad water pump seal. My 22 S1KRR has 5k miles with every tuning option BTMOTO offers. BMW covered it under warranty. However, I did put the stock exhaust back on with the servos cables back on and flashed it back to “stock”. 🤙🏽
Did it constantly leak? Mine has been bone dry and I've put hundreds of hard miles on it. I've been checking the oil and physically touching the weep hole.

I removed the servo, opened it up and popped the cables out, then reinstalled it. Then I cut them to get them out easily.
Is the coolant coming out the overflow tube?
It definitely looked like the weep hole judging by the trail I caught a pic of.

· Registered
2021 s1000rr
603 Posts
Did it constantly leak? Mine has been bone dry and I've put hundreds of hard miles on it. I've been checking the oil and physically touching the weep hole.

It definitely looked like the weep hole judging by the trail I caught a pic of.
Coolant will dry up, but not something I'd wait for a total failure on. Mine went from coolant leaking to oil dripping. Leaving spots on my driveway. Especially when it was on a rear stand.

· Registered
1 Posts
Thats not a few drops of coolant considering the blue running down the side of the oil pan too. Hope you installed those headers because you are likely about to have to remove them and request warranty service on the water pump / oil pump seals. There is a weep hole in the oil pan that this coolant will leak from when there is a problem with the seals. Several 2020 models had this issue, very few 21's .. so far no 22's , but there is always the first.

looks like this where it might be leaking

View attachment 223243
my 2021 had this - sharp mechanic located it on the 6K service

· Registered
2022 S1000RR Clubsport
114 Posts
Just noticed mine has the same (or similar issue). Couple days ago I noticed my gym flooring where I park the bike had a couple bubbled spots, the size of a drop of water. Had a closer look just then and there's a bit of thick black muck (presumably oil) on the very corner near the stand. No coolant as far as I can tell.

Currently just over 700km. Was going to take it in for the 1000km in a couple weeks. Might have to take this in sooner... what an inconvenience o_O

Engine oil glass doesn't appear to be abnormal unless I'm missing something.

Hood Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Tire

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Bicycle part Carbon

· Registered
2021 s1000rr
603 Posts
Just noticed mine has the same (or similar issue). Couple days ago I noticed my gym flooring where I park the bike had a couple bubbled spots, the size of a drop of water. Had a closer look just then and there's a bit of thick black muck (presumably oil) on the very corner near the stand. No coolant as far as I can tell.

Currently just over 700km. Was going to take it in for the 1000km in a couple weeks. Might have to take this in sooner... what an inconvenience o_O

Engine oil glass doesn't appear to be abnormal unless I'm missing something.

View attachment 223333

View attachment 223334

View attachment 223335
Sucks man. Welcome to the leaking weep hole club.

· Registered
2021 s1000rr
603 Posts

· Registered
2022 S1000RR Clubsport
114 Posts
Just thought I'd post an update.

Took it in Tuesday afternoon, got a call the next day that it was all fixed up under warranty. No issues with warranty as was promised beforehand (with the Akra headers). Apparently the leak was from a countershaft sprocket seal.

Timing chain tensioner also replaced as per recall.

Apart from the overboard excess chain lubricant, which also got on the tire (lucky I didn't crash), seems to be all good now.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

21 - 40 of 48 Posts