BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So along with the long long issue thread that I have been updating. Figured I would list a major hidden feature that I found out was a thing about a week or two after buying the 2020. This might be silly and or little, but i figured everyone has something that they found that they didnt know about. Feel free to share, we might all learn somethin new.

-When stopped, squeezing the break will enable a HILL START CONTROL. Green H with a circle. Engages the brake so you dont have to hold it while sitting at a red light.

Never knew about this and I absolutely love it.

·
Vendor
2,492 Posts
That HSC is what it is called. When the 2020 first released in June 2019, the HSC only held 10 seconds and self released. They fixed it in the September Update.

A very nice feature of the live tire pressure monitors is that when you take off and get the pressures live in the screen, if you pull up to an air station and do not turn the key off, just kill the engine with the red kill switch, put the vehicle information screen up with the live tire pressures, you can fill the tires or release air to the desired pressure live on the TFT screen. This only works once you take off and get the pressures live and dont turn the key off.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crap, why have i never done this?!? I thought the bike had to be moving to get it to read.

·
Vendor
2,492 Posts
Holy crap, why have i never done this?!? I thought the bike had to be moving to get it to read.
Once it is live on the screen, it will stay live as long as you do not turn the key off. Only use the kill switch button and you release or put air in with a live reading.

·
Registered
176 Posts
While using the cruise control you can up shift and the cruise control remains active on the speed you set. However if you down shift while it is set, then the cruise control deactivates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didnt know this either lol. My 2015 deactivated on any shift. See learning new **** every day

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sad to say....bike has only been in Road....havent had the opportunity to try out different modes yet.

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Works in all modes

Wish I could get a nice screen like that for my 2017...without buying a 2020 lol.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Larry got used to it and have it auto at both bikes I have. Also helps to spare every and release hands.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts