BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
5,041 Posts
It is normal to get the front to rear rock of the sprocket in the hub. I dont like it either, but there is not much can be done. The cushion rubber is not large enough and trying to make it larger and have compression strength would be a challenge.

Reactions: Ravenbravo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is normal to get the front to rear rock of the sprocket in the hub. I dont like it either, but there is not much can be done. The cushion rubber is not large enough and trying to make it larger and have compression strength would be a challenge.
OK, please talk on my language! This is first time when I face such a problem. So, that movement of the rear sprocket is totally normal on BMW motorcycles. Is this what you say?

·
Vendor
5,041 Posts
Lets just say " Make Life A Ride" and enjoy your new BMW.

·
Registered
2021 BMW M1000rr
99 Posts
OK, please talk on my language! This is first time when I face such a problem. So, that movement of the rear sprocket is totally normal on BMW motorcycles. Is this what you say?
Its really annoying...
you can add some rubber in the cush drive.
Follow this video. I did the same to my motorcycle and works good.
Buying a new cush drive rubber is just temporary solution.

·
Registered
2021 BMW M1000rr
99 Posts
Why is it annoying? It is designed to do so. They do wear out but easily replaced and very cheap.
If you drive it with this play you will understand.
They are poorly designed when they wear every 1000km. They are designed to absorb forces not to have a play.
It's easy to replace and really expensive for a piece of rubber.

·
Vendor
5,041 Posts
If you drive it with this play you will understand.
They are poorly designed when they wear every 1000km. They are designed to absorb forces not to have a play.
It's easy to replace and really expensive for a piece of rubber.
I love the rubber donuts in the HP version wheels from 2013 to 2019 K46. Even other carbon wheel manufactures use this rubber donut drive method.

I have replaced my cushion rubber twice in 6000 miles on my 2021, but, I have 4 rear K67 wheels and I just swap my rubber around and try to track my miles on them.

Reactions: Chr44

·
Registered
2017 rr
543 Posts
It's an old problem, I never had it on my GenII Busa but the ZZR1100 before that was a shocker. I shimmed the cush drive with some old thick leather pieces and the problem went away. I think I have the problem on my 2018 rr, I'll check it out when it's on the stand. Fixing it, shimming it, certainly makes for a more enjoyable gear transition.

·
Vendor
5,041 Posts
It's an old problem, I never had it on my GenII Busa but the ZZR1100 before that was a shocker. I shimmed the cush drive with some old thick leather pieces and the problem went away. I think I have the problem on my 2018 rr, I'll check it out when it's on the stand. Fixing it, shimming it, certainly makes for a more enjoyable gear transition.
Your 2018 wont have this issue if you have forged wheels. Just turn the donuts in the forged wheels and this will resolve the issue 3 times of the donuts life.

Now the cast wheels have the same rubber cushion design as the K67. However, the K46 rubber cush drive is alot better than the K67 in my opinion, as it does not get as much cush compression and wear out near as easy.

Reactions: Chr44
1 - 10 of 10 Posts