BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I recently acquired 14 s1000rr that has the following codes.....27AA-AD and 28AC component group 1. I can’t seem to find a service manual with the top secret bmw repair information and the tech in me does not want to take it to the dealer knowing it’s something minor. The bike originally had a crack in the coil and was racing out. Any info would be helpful. Thxs in advance

·
Vendor
2,473 Posts
I dont know where you are reading those codes from. Those are not BMW ISTA diagnostic codes.

If you are using the GS911, it does not read the code numbers the same as the BMW ISTA software either until recent on the 2020 K67, it does use the BMW code numbers.

If you have a DME Fuse error : Component 1, that is usually a 5v reference type sensor. Cam, Crank, TPS, Transmission position.. these are 3 wire connector type sensors and 5V reference.

Coils are 3 wire, but the 12-14 ECU software does not provide much feedback in isolating a bad coil nor mis-fire. However, there is some sequence of events that can trigger a code level of coil error.

There is no decoder book on BMW to tell you the code number meanings. HexCode is the maker of the GS911 and does not even publish that I have ever seen a code number output meaning.

I really wish that BMW used the SAE code definitions on motorcycles, but that is not required under the SAE recommendations and specifications of OBDII.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know where you are reading those codes from. Those are not BMW ISTA diagnostic codes.

If you are using the GS911, it does not read the code numbers the same as the BMW ISTA software either until recent on the 2020 K67, it does use the BMW code numbers.

If you have a DME Fuse error : Component 1, that is usually a 5v reference type sensor. Cam, Crank, TPS, Transmission position.. these are 3 wire connector type sensors and 5V reference.

Coils are 3 wire, but the 12-14 ECU software does not provide much feedback in isolating a bad coil nor mis-fire. However, there is some sequence of events that can trigger a code level of coil error.

There is no decoder book on BMW to tell you the code number meanings. HexCode is the maker of the GS911 and does not even publish that I have ever seen a code number output meaning.

I really wish that BMW used the SAE code definitions on motorcycles, but that is not required under the SAE recommendations and specifications of OBDII.
Thank you, I figure there was a problem I the voltage signal, I did not get any voltage on the secondary injectors. Is the cam sensor the one in the air box? I did find a problem with that not being lined up correctly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A BMW tech suggested I check the sensor that’s on top of the air box with the ball and pin. I don’t currently have my notes but I thought he called it a cam sensor. Once I’m back at work I guess I will go through everything. These are the codes I got with odb lx. I got the same ones with my snap-on p1000.

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,473 Posts
Those are not BMW fault code error numbers

·
Administrator
6,616 Posts
That is more likely due to the injectors not working. The coil arcing out is obviously an issue. But its easy to diagnose a dropped cylinder. I'd be focusing on why the injectors don't have voltage and also you have that fuse error. This is similar to @Slaki . I think there is a wiring issue causing the fuse to trip and cut power to the injectors.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Exactly my issue...

@Tony Pitt Look at my video on the link and let me know if yours does the same?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Exactly my issue...

@Tony Pitt Look at my video on the link and let me know if yours does the same?
I did not see a video link just a graph.

·
Vendor
2,473 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that's the exact same problem. I running behind so apologies for the late response. Checked the voltage today at the injectors and only saw 3.5.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts