BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BMW M1000rr
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
On the factory exhaust I can see that there is a screw that is possible to add a db killer?
Does anyone know if is possible and if yes what is the product number?

Attached photo.

Best regards,

Chriss
Drinkware Water Coffee cup Tableware Automotive lighting

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes. There is a factory dB killer and I just went through this exercise. I can confirm it does fit. Here's my thread on it.

Another resource for BMW parts/accessories | BMW S1000RR Forum

If you're adding the factory Akra/sports muffler to a stock exhaust system with the catalytic converters and thinking it'll be louder over the standard muffler, it won't be by much in my opinion. The dB killer will probably make the overall sound too quiet for you. I got the dB killer because I changed out the pipes with the catalytic converter with an Akra stainless steel header. The new setup was way loud for my tastes where I didn't want my neighbors to hate me. The dB killer in this situation has helped especially on cold starts.

I found another thread that stated the dB killer you can get from Akra will not fit the factory Akra/sports muffler.

·
Registered
BMW S1000XR 2022, Ducati Desert Sled 2018, Ducati MTS 950 2017(sold), Honda VFR 2007(sold)
102 Posts
Yes. There is a factory dB killer and I just went through this exercise. I can confirm it does fit. Here's my thread on it.

Another resource for BMW parts/accessories | BMW S1000RR Forum

If you're adding the factory Akra/sports muffler to a stock exhaust system with the catalytic converters and thinking it'll be louder over the standard muffler, it won't be by much in my opinion. The dB killer will probably make the overall sound too quiet for you. I got the dB killer because I changed out the pipes with the catalytic converter with an Akra stainless steel header. The new setup was way loud for my tastes where I didn't want my neighbors to hate me. The dB killer in this situation has helped especially on cold starts.

I found another thread that stated the dB killer you can get from Akra will not fit the factory Akra/sports muffler.
Curious: The Akrapovic headers are stainless steel and not Ti?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts