BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21’ S1000RR Hockenheim Silver
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle

Hello everyone! I’m a longtime BMW fan and an even longer-time rider… but all my Bimmers have been cars and all the bikes have been Hondas lol.

The S1000RR has been my dream bike since reading about it back in 2009. Finally, finally, finally I’ll get to join the club! I purchased a 2021 Hockenheim Silver S1000RR this week - such a pain finding one haha. I’ll have to wait a little longer before it can be delivered but the paperwork is signed and transportation is being arranged. Can’t wait.

I’m especially looking forward to connecting with folks in the SF Bay Area.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Have you rode any of the earlier year rr’s? The new gen is a amazing machine especially once you get the break in miles done, full exhaust and flash it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats and welcome. Have you rode any of the earlier year rr’s? The new gen is a amazing machine especially once you get the break in miles done, full exhaust abs flash it

Thank you!! No, I’ve never ridden a RR. Not even a test ride. I’ve ridden Hondas almost exclusively- 600RR, 954RR, and 1000RR (short stints on a Hyosung and an R1 but ownership was so brief that I don’t even count these). So my impression on the BMW RR will be a completely clean slate.

·
Registered
699 Posts
No, I’ve never ridden an RR. Not even a test ride. I’ve ridden Hondas exclusively- 600RR, 954RR, and 1000RR (short stint on a Hyosung and an R1 but ownership was so brief that I don’t even count these). So my impression on the BMW RR will be a complete clean slate.
Your in for some smiles after the above is done

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations on the bike, you will like it. I came from a CBR600RF and have the silver:). View attachment 219862
Wowzers! Your bike looks amazing 🤩

First things I want to do are the cowl, tail lights, and license plate bracket like yours!

As you already know, Hondas are great for street riding and as daily riders - how’d you say the S1000RR is in those departments?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really liked the quality of the TST tail lights. So bright, match the headlights well IMO. They will fit perfectly, there was a thread on figment of the center hole cover. Make sure to check the box for plate LED from TST or you will get a light warning.
I really liked the smoothness/lower power of the CBR600 for street cruising. The S1000RR is definitely more serious, but smooth at the same time. Since you have ridden the CBR 1000 I imagine it is a lot more similar. I am 6’ and the CBR was tight. I find the S1000RR way better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really liked the quality of the TST tail lights. So bright, match the headlights well IMO. They will fit perfectly, there was a thread on figment of the center hole cover. Make sure to check the box for plate LED from TST or you will get a light warning.
I really liked the smoothness/lower power of the CBR600 for street cruising. The S1000RR is definitely more serious, but smooth at the same time. Since you have ridden the CBR 1000 I imagine it is a lot more similar. I am 6’ and the CBR was tight. I find the S1000RR way better.
Thank you, I think I found that thread and I just saw that TST posted a good install video on YouTube. You and I are pretty much the same height so that’s helpful to hear about the spacing on the BMW.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts