BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's this time of the year again, Le Mans 24hrs with M1000RR is happening this weekend.

Q1 today
Q2 tomorrow
Race start is 12pm CET on Saturday

BMW is running their own Endurance team on M1000RR

The amount of tech they put in this bike is amazing. Its modular allowing to replace 3 sections independently.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All familiar faces: Mikhalchik from IDM, Canepa and Laverty, Guintoli from youtube

BMW team

Yart Yamaha

Suzuki

Suzuki and Yart are running Bridgestones

BMW collaborates with Dunlop

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
It's this time of the year again, Le Mans 24hrs with M1000RR is happening this weekend.

Q1 today
Q2 tomorrow
Race start is 12pm CET on Saturday

BMW is running their own Endurance team on M1000RR

The amount of tech they put in this bike is amazing. Its modular allowing to replace 3 sections independently.
Nice! Hopefully I'll get a chance to see some of it...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks for this. Never watched this race. I assume it's what used to be called the Bol d'or and that it runs on the MotoGP Bugatti circuit?

For some reason I always imagined them running on the 24h car circuit.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for this. Never watched this race. I assume it's what used to be called the Bol d'or and that it runs on the MotoGP Bugatti circuit?

For some reason I always imagined them running on the 24h car circuit.
It's not mate. Bol dor is one of rounds of EWC championship and is hosted on Paul Ricard circuit that is totally different venue.

Le Mans 24 runs on Bugatti circuit indeed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Anyone know what channel/station/website this can be seen on? I'm in the states btw, Northeast...

Reactions: col-s1krr

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
358 Posts
It would be nice if it was shown here. BTW, anybody knows what the 29/08/20 mean? At first I thought it was the date, if so, then it would mean 29 aug 2020, which is not right.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does anyone know what happened to BMW at the start ? They never really showed any replays of their problems.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts