BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a colleague got pulled over by a police officer during this ‘shelter in place’ and asked what he’s doing driving around. So we now have a letter to carry proving we work in ‘essential services’ which is a joke because that goes out the window if things get seriously serious. If I go in, I’m riding my motorcycle as an Emotional Support Vehicle. In the event that the madness goes there.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Interesting. I'm told I work in essential services but wonder how the police might view that excuse if I get pulled over somewhere in the countryside. Sounds like the police let your colleague carry on?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. I'm told I work in essential services but wonder how the police might view that excuse if I get pulled over somewhere in the countryside. Sounds like the police let your colleague carry on?
He did. And we have a home office as well as other locations in agricultural communities - so a lot of country roads. He was driving a car. This prompted the President/CEO to write a letter for employees to have on their person should it happen again. It’s creepy. And I need to bite my tongue should it happen to me.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Working at the Lab here (Los Alamos), if I ever get pulled over and don't have my badge on me, I have no worries if I tell him I'm on official Federal business for the Lab. Generally cops here respect us and cut us slack.

Reactions: RRnut
1 - 5 of 5 Posts