BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,543 Posts
Waiting for the 23s to come in to be a new BMW owner, what are these service prices that make owning that $400 tool worth it? Don't they get pissy with the warranty if you do your own work?
Like $350 service to change oil! Buy the $300 GS911

· Registered
116 Posts
Like $350 service to change oil! Buy the $300 GS911
Holy **** lol

· Registered
1,543 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
You just missed the cyber monday sale where the WIFI version was $319, now back to $400
Here is a good place
Of course I did lol ugh. I'm gonna ask my dealer what they charge for services, they wouldn't do anything off MSRP but said they would give discounts on any services I needed. The bike will be going to a stage 2 probably at the first service, so I'll see what that damage will be. Thank you for this, I haven't been set on buying the S1000rr until I saw the new one in the press release, so I'm playing catch up on research.

· Registered
1,543 Posts
Of course I did lol ugh. I'm gonna ask my dealer what they charge for services, they wouldn't do anything off MSRP but said they would give discounts on any services I needed. The bike will be going to a stage 2 probably at the first service, so I'll see what that damage will be. Thank you for this, I haven't been set on buying the S1000rr until I saw the new one in the press release, so I'm playing catch up on research.
I would do 1st service with them, thats it.

· Registered
116 Posts
I would do 1st service with them, thats it.
I do have a shop I take my other bike to if they are ridiculous with their service pricing, but I've been told they are really good with getting warranties done on fully modded bikes.

Also, I see a comment that was deleted or is not showing up, what's up with that comment? Why are you ROFLMAO at the Bren tunes?

· Registered
1,543 Posts
I do have a shop I take my other bike to if they are ridiculous with their service pricing, but I've been told they are really good with getting warranties done on fully modded bikes.

Also, I see a comment that was deleted or is not showing up, what's up with that comment? Why are you ROFLMAO at the Bren tunes?
You will need BMW to remove the rev limiter at 1st service unless you have a GS911 to remove it yourself!
I have Bren tune. They have 15% till 12/5 but not for 2023 models.

· Registered
116 Posts
You will need BMW to remove the rev limiter at 1st service unless you have a GS911 to remove it yourself!
I have Bren tune. They have 15% till 12/5 but not for 2023 models.
Oh ok, I thought you might have been taking a shot at Bren, he doesn't seem popular on here for some reason. Yeah I would definitely have BMW do the first service, but I have an exhaust coming and the stg 2 parts that I would have them do at the first service. I would skip having them install my parts if they are crazy priced and have my other shop do it. The dealer is smaller and the guys there are pretty cool, I don't get the feeling they would not be fairly priced. I always ask about discounts when buying "toys". Some people offer discounts on any parts bought the same day, some offer discounts for a year, some more. I was told since nothing was coming off MSRP, I could get discounts on parts and services. I'll see what that is when the bike comes in.

· Registered
1,543 Posts
Oh ok, I thought you might have been taking a shot at Bren, he doesn't seem popular on here for some reason. Yeah I would definitely have BMW do the first service, but I have an exhaust coming and the stg 2 parts that I would have them do at the first service. I would skip having them install my parts if they are crazy priced and have my other shop do it. The dealer is smaller and the guys there are pretty cool, I don't get the feeling they would not be fairly priced. I always ask about discounts when buying "toys". Some people offer discounts on any parts bought the same day, some offer discounts for a year, some more. I was told since nothing was coming off MSRP, I could get discounts on parts and services. I'll see what that is when the bike comes in.
If you wanna talk more send me a DM, so we arent taking up forum space.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts