BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 S1K runs pretty damn hot.. not used to this kind of heat compared to my 2014.. does It make sense to change fluid to engine ice for these bikes or is It useless?? I have A few bottles thet I never Used from 2 months ago. Don’t want to go through the trouble of It doesn’t do anything.

thoughts from the internet professionals lol ?

·
Registered
901 Posts
2020 S1K runs pretty damn hot.. not used to this kind of heat compared to my 2014.. does It make sense to change fluid to engine ice for these bikes or is It useless?? I have A few bottles thet I never Used from 2 months ago. Don’t want to go through the trouble of It doesn’t do anything.

thoughts from the internet professionals lol ?
What's the engine temp mate? I'm running 94C at Mugello no issues.

Altho I'm contemplating getting a new rad either from Febur or Alpha racing. It should reduce running temp by 10C probably.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the engine temp mate? I'm running 94C Mugello no issues.

Altho I'm contemplating getting a new rad either from Febur or Alpha racing. It should reduce running temp by 10C probably.
The engine ice is also claiming to reduce temps by +/- 10 degrees F. Haven’t looked at the temp out I’m assuming it’s running at max because it’s scorching.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna start calling you new thread intentions. Re the heat. Get used to it. Ride more and worry less.
Lmao 🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe you are right. I’m always looking for a project on how to Make this better . Gotta get my post quota up 🤣

·
Premium Member
113 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I changed to engine ice for track. Didn't notice an obvious temp difference in how hot it feels (but also didn't compare before and after temps from the dash).

Isn't the OEM coolant "lifetime" coolant? If so, you might consider the convenience of that as you decide what to do.

·
Administrator
6,732 Posts
Plain water with MoCool or Water Wetter will pull heat from the engine faster than any propylene or ethylene glycol mix. So no, I don't think Engine Ice will help your situation.

·
4,727 Posts
What Skapan said, plus decat, cats operate on high temps. Radiate a good bit of heat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts