BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been getting some engine stutter/hesitation at any speed. I noticed it happens on warmer days when the fuel is low. dash shows around 50 mile range or less. Get worse as the fuel gets lower. Even at 50 or less miles that is still over a gallon of fuel left. Seems the fuel pick-up isn’t working well. Not sure. Anyone having this issue?

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
Humm... shine up my crystal ball. Nope, I see nothing. Year ? Model ? Miles ? How long you have owned and rode the bike?

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
Its possible it can be this PUMA that was released on this type of issue. The 17-19 K46 was not as bad as the 15/16 was on this, because there was a software update to help in the fuel priming.

While it does not sit enough for bad fuel. The injectors can develop carbon on the tips. Get some good fuel injector cleaner and run it in the tank a couple of times to help in this area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its possible it can be this PUMA that was released on this type of issue. The 17-19 K46 was not as bad as the 15/16 was on this, because there was a software update to help in the fuel priming.

While it does not sit enough for bad fuel. The injectors can develop carbon on the tips. Get some good fuel injector cleaner and run it in the tank a couple of times to help in this area.

Thank you. It’s much appreciated.

·
Administrator
7,131 Posts
But officer, the manufacturer insists that this bike be ridden over 9k rpm to keep the valves and throttle bodies clean.
I would run the fuel level down to the light on the track quite often, but I always thought that a minimum of fuel would allow the pump to get hot, so I always added a few liters when the light came on. Enough for the next session.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts