BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the My Tuning and wideband sensor for the Rapidbike Evo (about 200 miles ago), and want to do the map by gear , but I don't see where to enable it in the Rapidbike software? Anyone done this that can explain it?

I know the box says to email them, which is guess is Yamen, not sure what he/they need or want to do though?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
88 Posts
I installed the My Tuning and wideband sensor for the Rapidbike Evo (about 200 miles ago), and want to do the map by gear , but I don't see where to enable it in the Rapidbike software? Anyone done this that can explain it?
Thanks in advance
From memory, it's in the RB Features tab in the software where you select the map configuration but I'll double check for you when I'm at home and have access to my laptop.

Remember to download and back up the current maps from your bike before enabling map per gear, as switching to it will erase all existing autotune maps.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Awesome, thanks for the info guys, I'll check this out and hopefully be updating this tonight.

Update: Okay, found that where you all said and made the update and did the send to make sure it updated the unit.
6 maps now, all blank, I'll take it out and start letting it dial itself in again tomorrow.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the info guys, I'll check this out and hopefully be updating this tonight.

Update: Okay, found that where you all said and made the update and did the send to make sure it updated the unit.
6 maps now, all blank, I'll take it out and start letting it dial itself in again tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Please let us know how you like it with the per gear maps now. Thank you.

Also, did you separately purchase the wideband sensor and my tuning kit? I have the rapidbike evo with the akra full exhaust and miss the smoothness of the stock exhaust (don’t miss the weight). Interested in learning from your experience with the updated setup/maps.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Please let us know how you like it with the per gear maps now. Thank you.

Also, did you separately purchase the wideband sensor and my tuning kit? I have the rapidbike evo with the akra full exhaust and miss the smoothness of the stock exhaust (don’t miss the weight). Interested in learning from your experience with the updated setup/maps.
The idle can be smoothed even with a full Akrapovic system by adding fuel on the Rapidbike Evo to the 0% throttle input band for low RPM settings. I've got mine running perhaps not quite as smooth as with the stock exhaust, but the majority of the lumpiness is gone. You don't need the wideband to do this either.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
The idle can be smoothed even with a full Akrapovic system by adding fuel on the Rapidbike Evo to the 0% throttle input band for low RPM settings. I've got mine running perhaps not quite as smooth as with the stock exhaust, but the majority of the lumpiness is gone. You don't need the wideband to do this either.

Thanks, I’ll give that a shot

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thanks again!

Hello, any updates about how the bike runs? Is it beter the a single map?, did you get more power from it? Thanx in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
I don’t know, my 2015 with rapid bike and wideband sensor and per gear mapping has perfect idle... and is better than hp power kit, as it has instant live fuel changes to ensure target air fuel mixture across rev range, throttle position, per gear

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just installed the Rapid Bike and My Tune with a full Akra after doing research and reading your posts. I also only have the wide band O2 sensor installed. I haven’t gotten it out yet as I’m still adding some things but I loaded the base map for the 2015 mod ( I have a ‘16) and sent it to the bike Looking forward to taking it out to the track and then assume I can load the adapted map after or just leave it alone and let it always adapt? Just getting familiar with the software. I went to config for 6 gear maps and it says it will delete the map and reset auto adapt. Should I wait until it has had a run and created an adapted map? Should I also check My Tuning Bike in Auto Adaptivity before the first run? It looks like that will reset the Map as well. Sorry for all the questions but there is little or no information on this subject anywhere and I have been able to find it on this forum. Thank you, appreciate your Experience!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts